PDA

View Full Version : Change Bits Change Bits

911guy
08-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi all,

Is there any rythm or reason behind the machine making you keep alternating bits after only one stroke such as rout edge? It will do one of four with a 1/2 classic bit, then make you switch out that for the 1/8 cutting bit for the same edge. Then back and forth, back and forth for the rest of the edge routs. Anyway to program to do all at once with one bit before having to switch out? I will say I am now one expert CC bit changer!:roll:

Digitalwoodshop
08-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Do you have artwork problems.... Lines on top of lines?

AL

911guy
08-04-2007, 09:14 PM
I don't think so. I've attached the .mpc file I was using during this.

Jeff_Birt
08-04-2007, 10:28 PM
I would try removing all the extra paths you have that are from outlining another font. Some of them seem to have some lingering paths associated with them (click them one at a time and watch your tool bar). Sometimes a project can get a bit messed up and starting from scratch will fix everything up. I like to save projects as I'm working on them by version number. That way if somethign goes screwy, I can revert back to the previous version and go from there.

911guy
08-04-2007, 11:31 PM
I would try removing all the extra paths you have that are from outlining another font.

Jeff,

So you think the issue might be with having to change the bits on the edge rout? I would think the rout and font are two different jobs. Of course I certainly don't pretend to know how this machine operates..

Jeff_Birt
08-04-2007, 11:47 PM
I think that most likely there is some incorrect things embedded in the file. They probably are there as a result of things being added and removed as you designed the project. Sometimes Designer won't quite get objects added or removed properly and you get ghosts in the project. You might try starting a new project and just do the edge rout and make sure that works. Then go back and add in the text and patterns.

911guy
08-05-2007, 08:12 AM
They probably are there as a result of things being added and removed as you designed the project.

Yep, that makes sense. I used one saved project to make another and deleted the other name. I'll just start from scratch on my next one. Thanks Jeff.