PDA

View Full Version : Probe - will it scan for other CNC's

Dubliner
08-04-2007, 08:01 PM
I noticed the probe looks like the probe offered by another CNC, would it be the same thing? & also can a scan on the CW be converted to be cut by any other machine? tx Dubliner

benluz
08-04-2007, 08:19 PM
I noticed the probe looks like the probe offered by another CNC, would it be the same thing? & also can a scan on the CW be converted to be cut by any other machine? tx Dubliner

I have one of each ,there are pretty much the same except for how they go into the machine, my shopsabre uses an E R32 collet. and the wiring could be different the cnc could de wired to tell direction, but it should not need to do that since the machine would know that by which which direction the gantry and motor are going .I would have to look at mine and see how many wires it is using,the shaft size is 3/8.The cost of the 2 probes were the same,but the one for the cnc has a rubber coated tip and you buy smaller tips if you want to get capture really fine detail.Were you thinking of buying a cnc probe and adapt it to the carvewright? Should be a workable idea since the basic functions are the same.Not sure about the format of the scan file ,sometimes these companies have proprietary formats.Think of the scan files as most cnc use g-code,but most are slightly different ,that's why after when the file is saved you have to choose which post processoer to apply to the g-code ,it adds in simple codes like the ones that start the motor and so on and whether you have a tru arc motion or the the machine uses some type interpolation, which can makes arcs and circles not smooth.
Ben

Ben