PDA

View Full Version : Check Cut Motor

HCM_Bill
08-04-2007, 03:38 PM
I started running a project today, and about 25% into the project the motor stopped and the flex shaft had worked its way out, I got the flex shaft put back in and am in the process of getting some epoxy to reattach it, but the machine came up reading "Check Cut Motor" Is this something to do with the flex shaft coming out, or is it a bigger problem?

Mikewiz
08-04-2007, 04:55 PM
the ccm is a problem with the software, not everyone has it but some do. It may have happen to you since your flex shaft came loose. Why do you need to epoxy the shaft? If its broken call cw on monday. Hope this helps, Mike

DocWheeler
08-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Bill,
The flex shaft is supposed to be detachable at the chuck on the Z truck.
If that is what you are talking about - do not glue it.

pkunk
08-04-2007, 05:56 PM
I started running a project today, and about 25% into the project the motor stopped and the flex shaft had worked its way out, I got the flex shaft put back in and am in the process of getting some epoxy to reattach it, but the machine came up reading "Check Cut Motor" Is this something to do with the flex shaft coming out, or is it a bigger problem?
Please be more specific. Did the flex shaft come out of it's sheath & consequently disengage from the motor? Or did the whole assemblu come loose from the z-truck? Do not epoxy!

HCM_Bill
08-04-2007, 06:16 PM
(HCM_Bill is my dad)
Dad read in the book something about epoxying something back together, he was the one that saw the machine first and I saw him messing with the flex shaft. I don't know if it came completely out of the slot or not....thankfully though, i talked him out of putting the e-poxy on for now. not quite sure what he was going to e-poxy but I will inform him not to. I guess I will re-connect the flex shaft and try it again, if all else fails, CW will be getting a call on monday, thanks guys.
Aaron

HCM_Bill
08-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Ok, so I just went back and looked at the machine and saw what dad wants to epoxy. Its at the end of the flex shaft. its the piece that goes over the end and has the piece that locks the flex shaft into the truck. he wants to epoxy that back to the flex shaft since its come off (it looks like its been glued on before, so I assume that is what he is talking about)

pkunk
08-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Ok, so I just went back and looked at the machine and saw what dad wants to epoxy. Its at the end of the flex shaft. its the piece that goes over the end and has the piece that locks the flex shaft into the truck. he wants to epoxy that back to the flex shaft since its come off (it looks like its been glued on before, so I assume that is what he is talking about)
Call Cw for a replacement. Don't epoxy.

HCM_Bill
08-04-2007, 07:01 PM
Ok, thanks for the help... I guess I will ask them about the check cut motor message too, just to be on the safe side

Dan-Woodman
08-04-2007, 07:21 PM
That flex shaft going into the truck rotates as the truck moves side to side , if you glue it it won't rotate and might twist your flex shieth.