PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of Buying

budgetcomp
08-02-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm thinking of buying the Carvewright machine but have a few questions:

1. Does anyone know of a source where I can buy plastic materials for use with the machine. Acrylic plastic won't work, right? Where can I buy "cast plastic"? I'd like to find a substance that is black, silver and gold for working with jewelery.

2. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to cut a piece on their machine for me. For a charge of course. I'd supply the plastic and the file. I want to see if I get the results I need before I buy the machine.

3. Am I able to carve out "true type" fonts using the machine?

Thanks for any info.

- Steve

benluz
08-02-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm thinking of buying the Carvewright machine but have a few questions:

1. Does anyone know of a source where I can buy plastic materials for use with the machine. Acrylic plastic won't work, right? Where can I buy "cast plastic"? I'd like to find a substance that is black, silver and gold for working with jewelery.

2. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to cut a piece on their machine for me. For a charge of course. I'd supply the plastic and the file. I want to see if I get the results I need before I buy the machine.

3. Am I able to carve out "true type" fonts using the machine?

Thanks for any info.

- Steve

yes any font installed on your computer....I believe

swhitney
08-02-2007, 01:49 PM
yes any font installed on your computer....I believe

Any font installed on the computer, but some work better than others for the three different styles (centerline, vector, raster)

rjustice
08-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Delrin, also known as Nylon 6-6 machines very nicely. Our company purchases from www.usplastics.com

click HERE (http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/category.asp?catalog_name=USPlastic&category_name=75&Page=1) for the exact page to look at...

Hope this helps...

Ron

Hawg_man
08-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Delrin can also be found at McMasterCarr.com..........it carves very well as it is a self lubricating material and no build-up on the cutter........really clean carving.

Bob

PhotoProf
08-02-2007, 09:03 PM
I am looking at a high density wax for some foundry work. Tool and Die shops use this material for machining prototypes.

Dave-Carve
08-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Hi Steve
Im Sure the people here would carve for you,But if there NO TAKERS yet I Give it a try. Post the MPC of the carve you would like!!! (To see if it can be done)

Then Will have a game of :rolleyes: "PRICE WARS" :rolleyes: only kidding

Then It might be a good idea to put your apx. address (State &town) on the forum you my have somebody closer than me that would carve for you ? ( Less Shipping Less Money and Time )This forum is loaded with plenty of excellent people . Give it a try Post It and see what happens??
Good Luck ;)