PDA

View Full Version : Star & text problem

jspringertx
08-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Attached is a copy of the (next to) final version of the carving I will do for my cedar bench. I have to make a few adjustments, but it worked very well.

I did have one problem and that was that the menu asked to enter the V90 bit. I hit enter and the next statement was enter the 1/16" carving. I did, inserted the 1/16" bit and the machine took off and carved the star.

After the star was carved it asked me to enter the V90 bit and I did. It then reverted to 1/16" carving bit and started to carve.

I then created two separate mpc files named star and text and ran the job twice. Other than the letters being too close to the star it was fine. I can live with that.

In the past the unit asked me to change the bit upon completing the star and immediately started to carve the text.

What am I doing wrong?

pkunk
08-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Attached is a copy of the (next to) final version of the carving I will do for my cedar bench. I have to make a few adjustments, but it worked very well.

I did have one problem and that was that the menu asked to enter the V90 bit. I hit enter and the next statement was enter the 1/16" carving. I did, inserted the 1/16" bit and the machine took off and carved the star.

After the star was carved it asked me to enter the V90 bit and I did. It then reverted to 1/16" carving bit and started to carve.

I then created two separate mpc files named star and text and ran the job twice. Other than the letters being too close to the star it was fine. I can live with that.

In the past the unit asked me to change the bit upon completing the star and immediately started to carve the text.

What am I doing wrong?
Anytime you have the question "what am I doing wrong" include the mpc file so we can determine what you've done. If in your case it has a commercial file as part of it, then it should include a disclaimer or a link to contact you for the file to be examend.

jspringertx
08-02-2007, 04:49 PM
Here is the MPC file for the star & text that I am attempting. The star is a copyrighted image and should not be used for anyone's personal use.

EDIT (Jeff_Birt): I removed this attachment as it contained a commercial pattern. Even with a disclaimer it's not OK to post such things. Sixteen people had already downloaded it, and only a few of them were really trying to help. Since the problem was just the text, you can remove the pattern and post just the board with text.

Thanks! It was not intended for copying. The help I received is excellent and I am sorry that anyone that didn't want to help downloaded the image. If you will note in past postings I DID NOT include the image. I am very aware of copyright issues and for that reason my trademark is registered.

pkunk
08-02-2007, 05:13 PM
I can't find anything wrong with it. :confused: I believe the machine sometimes gets confused (like we all do sometimes) and it's happened to me before. I usually will start from scratch with a new design, fresh start on the machine and it gets it's act together.:rolleyes:

Digitalwoodshop
08-02-2007, 08:06 PM
I know if you are at the change bit wait and you hit the up down or left or right arrow by accident it will cycle through the bits.... Could you have bumped the arrow key?

Otherwise known in the programming world of "Fat Fingering".....

How do I know that..... Yep.... Been there done that..... and wondered what did I do..... You should see my board that I installed a 1/8 inch cutting bit in place of a V90..... Day dreaming.....

AL

Dave-Carve
08-02-2007, 08:42 PM
JS :eek:
I Checked your MPC Star
If The whole MPC is Rastered ?? Why would it ask for difffrent bits??
If You Open mpc in designer go to Carvings List Veiw Click on letters,Back click mouse,Select Bit You have a 90Vgroove Selected ??? on all letters ??? If you want them rastered you should only need Carving bit??Did you do this or was it default or am i missing something?? Also they seem to be centerline ????

pkunk
08-02-2007, 09:00 PM
JS :eek:
I Checked your MPC Star
If The whole MPC is Rastered ?? Why would it ask for difffrent bits??
If You Open mpc in designer go to Carvings List Veiw Click on letters,Back click mouse,Select Bit You have a 90Vgroove Selected ??? on all letters ??? If you want them rastered you should only need Carving bit??Did you do this or was it default or am i missing something?? Also they seem to be centerline ????
You are missing the question-read it again. They are centerline.:rolleyes:

Dave-Carve
08-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Sorry for wasting Space But I Need More Post Anyhow !!!!!
I Guess It Engauge Brain Before Finger !!!!!!!

jspringertx
08-02-2007, 09:32 PM
I can't find anything wrong with it. :confused: I believe the machine sometimes gets confused (like we all do sometimes) and it's happened to me before. I usually will start from scratch with a new design, fresh start on the machine and it gets it's act together.:rolleyes:

Good point. I will try it again.

jspringertx
08-02-2007, 09:42 PM
You are probably right about the "Fat Fingering" as I never was a good typist. I will try it again and watch what I am doing.

I know if you are at the change bit wait and you hit the up down or left or right arrow by accident it will cycle through the bits.... Could you have bumped the arrow key?

Otherwise known in the programming world of "Fat Fingering".....

How do I know that..... Yep.... Been there done that..... and wondered what did I do..... You should see my board that I installed a 1/8 inch cutting bit in place of a V90..... Day dreaming.....

AL