PDA

View Full Version : New Machine

Old Cop
08-02-2007, 09:08 AM
CW sent me a New machine. So far has been working great.Have done several projects.Soon as I learn how I will post a picture of one of them.

BobHill
08-02-2007, 12:11 PM
OC, if you have a digital camera, uploading a photo from it (via your computer) is pretty easy. Under this thread message area you should see "Manage Attachments" listed. Click the gray bar with that name and then just browse to where ever you saved that JPEG photo on your computer and select it. Once it's selected, click UPLOAD to the right of BROWSE and as long as it's not larger than 117.2kb you should shortly see it listed just above the Attachment Key line. Now just click Submit Reply and the attachment will go right along with your message. Give that a try.

And, bye the way, I'm an older one.

:cool: Bob

rjustice
08-02-2007, 03:27 PM
One more note on uploading Photos... I struggled with a good way to lower the resolution to control the size of the file. What i finally ended up doing was to change the resolution on the camera to the lowest setting before taking the pictures. It makes it much smaller, and very simple to deal with it. Just remember to change the resolution back for anything you would want to print or develop..

Ron

BobHill
08-02-2007, 03:44 PM
The problem with using lowest resolution from camera and it being a JPG is that since JPG is a "LOSSY" raster image format, EACH TIME you save that image, including the first time, it loses MORE quality than the "RAW" image or any previous save. So unless the file is only intended to be sent and never worked or saved again, that's something to consider. I would only do the lowest res for this situation if I didn't have any image working program where I could make a Save As and specify the pixel dimensions (such as 800x600) for the secondary Save and thus hav one file to keep and one to use to attach. But that's my personal thinking.

Bob

Dan-Woodman
08-02-2007, 06:01 PM
O n my computer , when I clicked on the phouto and uploaded it ,it told me the file was too big and it gave me chouses to reduce the size or pick custom.

Later Daniel

BobHill
08-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Dan,

Before you send or attempt to send a JPG or any of the accepted files, check the list and the file sizes you are limited to for each format. And then, if you are on a PC, use Explorer to select the file and at the bottom of the page check to see what the file size is. 117.2kb is the limit for a JPG (JPEG) and since it's a highly compressed image when it's not in a program, most should be under the maximum limit. You can also Right Click on the file in Explorer and it'll tell you the file size compressed (which is all that matters as far as the limit is concerned).

Bob