PDA

View Full Version : New Software

wunderkind
07-31-2007, 05:42 PM
Can someone sell me on the new centerline software? What all can it do & what you cant do with it?
Thanks.
Jim

oldjoe
07-31-2007, 07:16 PM
Jim I just got the software working yesterday and still playing with it one drawback that I see off the bat is you cannot change the depth of cut. So you have to watch what bit to use with which font you pick, I just know my first carving with it looks 100 times better then if I would have raster cut it. I did pick a bold font so it went deeper then I wanted but it still worked out, and the design of the font picked was slightly slower then had I used outline text which is what I would normally use.
So I guess if you do allot of lettering then it will be a good buy just going to have to learn what to use where,
Hope this helps!

wunderkind
08-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Thanks oldjoe. I haven't delved into lettering all that much but what I have done was limited by the software. This is not that new revision that they were coming out with in beginning of 07? Can you explain centerline to me? Does the bit follow a center line in the font that you choose or something else? Have you ever heard of 3D Router Carver? It uses a lot of templates - but I was wondering if there was a way to incorporate the designs into the Compucarver? I have the book of about 80 designs but not sure how to go about making the carving path. The Compucarve would beat Jesada Tools by a mile if it was possible. Thanks for your response.
Jim

benluz
08-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Hello,Will the new centerline let you cut in a carve region.the old version would not.
Thanks,
Ben

jspringertx
08-01-2007, 09:24 PM
I just installed the new Centerline fonts and I am happy with the results. I am still working on the letter "M" in collegiate inside and hopefully tomorrow it will work okay.

pkunk
08-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Hello,Will the new centerline let you cut in a carve region.the old version would not.
Thanks,
Ben
It's the same version.:D

Julie Coffey
08-02-2007, 09:34 AM
Thanks,
Ben

I can't get it to carve in the cut region, what steps are you taking?

Thanks in advance.

J

benluz
08-02-2007, 10:29 AM
I can't get it to carve in the cut region, what steps are you taking?

Thanks in advance.

J

Julie...You have the new version and it does not allow you to do the centerline text in a carve region? is this correct ?

Because that was one complaint I had of the original version of it....hmmm
thanks,
Ben

Julie Coffey
08-02-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm just curious as Pkunk said they are the same.

J

oldjoe
08-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Are you doing centerline or carved text. I have done the carved text and it worked and I have done carvings.
As far as centerline text in carved region someone did a post that might help you out, I think what you do now don't quote me on this but you may have to run your project in two steps one to do all the carving and the second to do your text. When the machine goes to find the surface you have to jog the machine over to the carved region an let it find the surface there. I wish I could remember who posted it. They gave a better description

pkunk
08-02-2007, 12:28 PM
That is correct oldjoe. If your carved region is not very deep, sometimes a large bold text will carve OK. If will show in the software weather it will carve or just dissapear.

DocWheeler
08-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Joe,
I think you did well in describing it!

I was wondering if you could jog to an area that was TO BE the carved region when the V bit was being calibrated. That should work IF the Centerline was carved LAST - bad news if it carved it first.

Since I have yet to carve a Centerline, I probably should keep my fingers still.

pkunk
08-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Joe,
I think you did well in describing it!

I was wondering if you could jog to an area that was TO BE the carved region when the V bit was being calibrated. That should work IF the Centerline was carved LAST - bad news if it carved it first.

Since I have yet to carve a Centerline, I probably should keep my fingers still.
You can bypass all doubt by doing 2 files & doing the centerline last in jog mode.

benluz
08-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Hello,okay...it's the same centerline program there always has been, just a few bugs fixed.I thought it was a different new and much improved with depth settings and so forth, my mistake.Still is well worth having at that price.
Thanks,
Ben