PDA

View Full Version : Time for another stupid question

metalman32060
07-31-2007, 04:51 PM
:rolleyes:

OK, just joking, I know there are no stupid questions.

I am totally new to the CW software and plan on getting the CW in the near future. My mind is just going crazy thinking of all the possibilities. I do have one question though. PTN files, I have downloaded a couple and I am having trouble getting them into the CW software. I have noticed that my favorites patterns export to PTN but I have not been able to figure out how to load them.

Any help on the subject would be appreciated..

metalman32060
07-31-2007, 05:19 PM
OK,
I think that ptn is the format that the scanning software uses, and is editable with the software that Jim has created. I just sent him an e-mail and hopefully will be able to check it out later. Not 100% sure this is the case but from what I have seen in some other posts this is what I have come up with to this point.

edzbaker
07-31-2007, 06:51 PM
You said you can export the files,,, now just look for "IMPORT" ,the reverse of export.
I think that answers your question. ?

HerbO
07-31-2007, 07:19 PM
Here is a little tutorial I put on my site. Hopefully it helps
http://www.carvein3d.com/importpatterns.htm

Herb

metalman32060
07-31-2007, 08:33 PM
Well color me stupid:rolleyes:
I was trying to import like it was a bmp, going to file then import image

Thanks for the info

Digitalwoodshop
07-31-2007, 08:34 PM
To give you the Reader's Digest Quick answer as this stumped me last week after purchasing some PTN's. I had not done it in a while and forgot how to do it and was trying to use the "import image" under FILE and that was WRONG.... The correct way is to open a drawing then open the pattern shell and right click on the Favorite list of your pattern list and select import.... DAH.... That stumped me for 3 hours..... Slowing down in my old age.... I really felt foolish when I found my error.....

Good Luck,

AL

Edit:

Wow... We posted at the same time.... You already found the answer....