PDA

View Full Version : QuickChuck Removal tools now available!!

rjustice
07-30-2007, 11:27 PM
For those that asked about the chuck removal tools, they are now available to ship. They have been tested, and work quite well. To those that were back ordered, your order has been shipped, and thank you for your patience!

Email CW_Parts@yahoo.com to place order.

$26 plus $11 shipping USPS priority insured. You can order any other tools or accessories for no additional shipping charges...

Sincerely!

Ron Justice

Digitalwoodshop
08-03-2007, 12:40 PM
Got my delivery today of the Square Drive Socket, 7/8 inch Wrench, 1/8 bit holders, and extra screws and allen wrench.

VERY PROFESSIONAL JOB !!!!

Let's face it, every user at some time in the far future will expect to change the Quick Acting Chuck due to wear. My Orphan needed the Quick Change chuck changed at about 170 cut motor hours. I am at 285 now.

My main unit had an accident about the 20 cut motor hours with the bit holder popping out of the quick acting chuck and the spinning chuck came down over the bit laying on it's side and the resulting sight was not pretty with all the metal flakes all over the place by the time that I got to the unit to shut it down. I was listening to it on the intercom in the other building.

I needed to change the chuck and even with a square drive allen wrench and short 7/8 wrench from LHR I ended up stripping the square drive. I had heated the chuck but still could not get it loose.

The result was a trip to LHR and they paid for the trip but it was really my responsibility and I should have paid for it. Thanks LHR.

So a chuck and Z shaft replacement was a job that LHR prefers to do at this time. Getting the bearing tension right prevents a future failure. Too loose and you get a sloppy cut, too tight and get bearing failure.

So in my opinion.... Everybody should have this wrench kit....

AL

liquidguitars
08-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Nice Job Ron! EBay?

LG

rjustice
08-05-2007, 01:38 PM
LG,
Thanks, if you are wanting to purchase simply click on the email link, and let me know what you are interested in purchasing. Remember, I also offer the 1/8 precision Bit adapters, cutters, and also the Infrared thermometers that are nice to check the flex shaft temp.

Here it is again...

CW_Parts@yahoo.com

drop me an email

Thanks again,

Ron

liquidguitars
08-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Just wondering as you had the 1/8 Bit adapters on EBay a few weeks ago...

LG

rjustice
08-05-2007, 02:19 PM
I re-posted the ad on Ebay again for the Bit Adapters. In that ad, I mentioned the other products that i offer... If i offer the products on ebay I have to raise the price to cover the Ebay charges. I would rather offer them directly to the forum users direct,

Is there interest in having the products posted individually on Ebay??

Ron

liquidguitars
08-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Ron I would like to get your stuff, can you put them all on ebay for me?

just had to replace a QC that had about 5 hrs on it and it was a ^%$$#

LG

rjustice
08-11-2007, 01:39 PM
LG,
Thanks for your interest. If you PM me your email address I can send you an email that shows all of my products, as well as prices. I can then just send you a Paypal invoice. If you dont have a Paypal account tied to your checking, you can pay with a credit card through them as well..

Also, as a side note... anyone who hasnt checked out LG's website take the time to check it out!... I found it very impressive to say the least. I play guitar, and built a solid body electric many many years ago... The semi-acoustic design demonstrated being built by the CarveWright machine is fascinating!

Carve On !!

Ron

liquidguitars
08-11-2007, 01:44 PM
Grinding a new allen key after trashing my home made one is getting old :mad: thanks Ron

LG

rjustice
08-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Brandon,
I include detailed instructions on changing the chuck out successfully. I have repeated the process on my own machine 10 times using Blue Locktite to verify function of the tool. I am sure you will be very happy with it. I have sent you pictures, and prices on all of my other accessories and tools for the CarveWright / CompuCarve...

Thanks again!

Ron

rpringle
08-12-2007, 12:59 AM
Ron,
I recived your chuck removal tool and instructions a few days ago.
The tool worked perfectly and the instructions were very helpful.

Something which might help others is that my Quick Change chuck gets to about 104 after 15 or 20 minutes of carving, with this even heat it is probable that the chuck can be removed without the heat gun.

Russ

rjustice
08-12-2007, 07:01 AM
Russ,
I am glad you are happy with the use of the tools. You are probably correct about not having to add additional heat (if the chuck is hot from carving) 9 out of 10 times.... In my testing using the tool I made, I didnt mention that i did another 10 tests without using heat. I broke one tool during the 10 tries. After i heated it up it came off easily.... I was able to get a good feel for how the chuck feels during the tightening/loosening stage. It is considerably easier to break loose if you use a heat gun on it first.....

I know it is a little bit of a pain, but it will assure your happiness with the tool sold to everyone.

I went through 3 batches of these trying different steel, and different heat treat processes to get to the point to where i am happy with the results. I truly value everyones situation here, and do not want to send anything out that could cause you further frustration...

Please use heat, we will all be happier for it ;)

Respectfully,

Ron