PDA

View Full Version : How do you use a sled

07-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Hi guys

I'm still a little hazy on the use of a sled. I am a complete novice at this but would like to make things that seem to need a jig or a sled to do. It would help if I could see a picture of a completed setup of a jig ready to be carved. I understand the need for a sled, that it fools the sensors into thinking that the piece is larger then it is. Can you make a bevel cut on a piece without a sled? I have been experimenting virtually on the computer but still do not get the answers I need.

Thanks for the help, You guys are the real experts with the information needed to really use this machine, that the mfg eliminated from the instructions.

Kenm810
07-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Welcome to the forum,

Sleds are pretty easy to use, i use them to add the 3 1/2" or more to both end of a project to keep it under the pressure rollers. the side rail should be equal to the thickness of you project. In designer when you set the board size use the measurements of the sled plus the thickness of you project added to the thickness of the sled. The one pictured below is being set up the carve 1/4" Corian the principals apply to thicker or larger stock. If you could do a search in this forum, you'll fine ton of post about building and using sleds. KEY Word (Sled)