PDA

View Full Version : .mpc - .ptn - eps

Dubliner
07-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Could anyone explain the difference between the file types. thx Dubliner

Jeff_Birt
07-28-2007, 07:38 PM
A PTN is a pattern file, sort of like 3d clip-art. An MPC is a project file. In terms of word processing, an MPC file is like your document to which you add different content like text, clip-art, tables, or drawings. You can add patterns, lines, and textures to a MPC file (using Designer).

An EPS (Encapsulated Post Script) file is a vector graphics (line drawing) file format, that has nothing specifically to do with the machine or Designer. Although you could convert it into a format that Designer would understand (like a GIF).

peep
07-29-2007, 09:56 PM
OK I have a question.

When I import a .gif (picture) it now is a .ptn in my favorites.

I then put about three Ptn's on the board from my favorites and form my carving combined design. It now becomes or already is an .mpc.

Here is question: How can I now change my finished product to a .ptn so I can upload the final product here.

Looking at a .ptn form the favorites is not a good representation since it does not display the few hours of work inverting scaling etc... Basically the completed masterpiece.

Peep confused about .ptn's

pkunk
07-29-2007, 10:01 PM
You can't post it as a PTN, but you can post the MPC. Postong a pic or a screen shot of it is considered polite so those who don't want to down load your file can see what it is.

Jeff_Birt
07-29-2007, 10:11 PM
You cannot convert an MPC into a PTN. A pattern is just one component of an MPC. An MPC describes your entire project, board size, the number and position of patterns, vector paths (lines), and the type of cuts to be done to them. You can also upload an share an MPC as well as a Pattern.