PDA

View Full Version : Error 551

Hexe SA
07-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Got my new machine and set up to scan a cast iron plate 5"x6"x1/2". Mounted on sled with duck tape. Loaded probe, set starting and ending corner. Software 1.120. Scan quality best, time 2 Hrs 45 min. 2% into scan said check probe. Opened cover. Verified cable plugged in all the way, touch probe slightly with finger. Closed cover, hit enter to continue started scanning again. One pass said check probe, opened cover did the same as above, closed cover, hit enter and the following message apeared: Motion Flush w/o Servo Error 551. Press Stop.
Did stop restarted machine, tried again, same error.
I just got this one 2 weeks agao and had not time to carve. There is no sawdust anywhere. All I did is lube the chuck holder because it was sticky when I got it. Anyone knows something about this?
Eva

Jeff_Birt
07-28-2007, 11:14 AM
The probe contacts can get dirty just from use. Every 2-3 scans I take mine apart and wipe down the contacts. At about twice that interval (6 scans) I wipe the contacts with a VERY SMALL amount of dialectric grease (put just a dab on your finger and wipe across contact, you should not actaully see any grease on contact when done).

Hexe SA
07-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Cleaned probe, machine, connections, 10% completed, same error again.

Hexe SA
08-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Ok,I didn't see that the inside of the probe was keyed. My mistake. Put on my reading glasses opened it back up and fixed it. Scanned beautiful.
Eva