PDA

View Full Version : Miter and Bevel cut help

dannirr
07-27-2007, 08:19 AM
I can find nothing in the Help file regarding miter and bevel cuts, nor can I find it in the software.

I know it's gotta be me.

Help!

Danni

Dan-Woodman
07-27-2007, 05:07 PM
Hey Danni
The miter and bevel features are used at the kepad only.
The miter feature cuts an angle cut across the grain or surface of the board. I think you can get most any angle to cut here .It starts cutting on the left end as you look at the keypad.
The bevel cut is 45 deg. only on the end of the board or along the edge.
As you look at the keypad , bevel cut along the end is on the left end.

In my manual the paragragh is on page 18. Look under Operations, builtin funtions.

hope this helps.

later Daniel

dannirr
07-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Thanks Daniel - so if I wanted to cut a rectangle out of the center of a board and have the rectangular hole eft behind have bevelled edges - how would I do this? They are not at the board edge, and the manual says not to use any other than the cutting bits for cutting through the board?

Danni

Dan-Woodman
07-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Ok here's what you can do.
Create the rectangle you want ,select cut path .
Create another retangle, the same size and exactly on top of the other one, by centering both they will be exact, then selet bit, select 90 deg. v-groove bit, set to about 3/8" deep.
This will rout a v-groove first around your rectangle and then it will use the 1/8" cutting bit to cut out the rectangle .

NOW--- If you do not have a 90 deg. v- groove bit there is another way,but you will wast the most of the rectangle you cut out.

You can create your rectangle , select carve region, which will feather the carve region to 1/4", or you can select a larger feather up to 1/2".
And depending on how deep you want your bevel, you may have to carve your region about 3/8" deep.

good luck and let me know how it goes or if I can help further.

Daniel

cjacobus1
11-15-2007, 04:57 PM
How does one do bevel and miter cuts without the bit cutting the sandpaper roller?

Chuck

Bubbabear
11-15-2007, 05:07 PM
How does one do bevel and miter cuts without the bit cutting the sandpaper roller?

Chuck

The cut head moves from side to side and not front to back so it always stays in the area between the two sandpaper rollers and will not cut the sandpaper

TIMCOSBY
11-15-2007, 11:40 PM
:grin:i thought the same about the sandpaper and when it hits you like a lighbulb comming on you think to yourself "you big dummy" or i did anyway.:shock:

Bubbabear
11-16-2007, 06:56 AM
About this group of ladies and gentlemen in this forum is they think like my dad did. The only dumb or stupid question is the one you dont ask. Got to love the friendliness here