PDA

View Full Version : Size of Carving from Scan

alwilliams
07-26-2007, 05:05 PM
I attempted my first scanning project this week, not much luck I am afraid. I tried just a set of hand grips. The first problem I am not able to use the outline to cut path I assume because the outline is broken up in 3 sections. The second problem is when I try to carve the scan it is somewhat smaller than the original on will not fit making it useless. What am I doing wrong?

rjustice
07-26-2007, 08:45 PM
alwilliams,
Have you tried to resize it by stretching one corner like any other ptn?... if you can get a dimension off of the one you scanned, you could then stretch to match size...

Ron

benluz
07-26-2007, 11:17 PM
when you bring your scan onto your board make the rectangular space the same are as you marked off when you scanned it and it should be pretty darn close.
VBen

alwilliams
07-27-2007, 06:00 AM
All I have been doing is dragging the pattern to the board, it doesn't seem to matter what size the board is as long as it's larger than the pattern. I am not sure what you mean by rectangular space, other than the board itself. It doesn't give any clue though as to why it won't let me do the cut path around it. It seems to me the reason it is coming out smaller is because of the 1/16 carving bit being wider, I would like to cut it out with the 1/8 straight but so far I can't.

benluz
07-27-2007, 06:58 AM
I'm sorry I thought you were talking about scanned images as one one at the top of the thread,are you trying do a cut path around a scan,this is the scanning part of the forum,sorry if I don't undestand.
Thamks,
Ben

alwilliams
07-27-2007, 07:03 AM
I figured my problem lies within the scanning part because it seems to scan in sections or at different levels instead of all on the same plane. I can't tell why it won't allow the cut path, I am guessing it's because of the way I scanned it. Thanks for helping.

benluz
07-27-2007, 07:03 AM
oh..I see from lookinh back scan have always behaved like and other project you import ,just ckick on the corner dot expand it to the size you want or enter the size in the little boxes below the tool bar.
Try that,
Ben