PDA

View Full Version : oddly quiet but seems to still be carving alright

princess sawdust
07-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Hi everyone, i have searched for this issue but haven't found it yet. I turned on my carver this morning to start a piece and it is carving fine, maybe a little slower it seems than normal, but the sound is very different. It is very quiet, a nice change but not normal at all. It almost seems like there isn't enough power getting to the machine or something. Any of you ever experienced this?

Princess Sawdust

oldjoe
07-26-2007, 11:49 AM
Hey Princess
Have you done anything different like set it on a different work bench, or did you recently upgrade the software to 1.2. Are you running a different wood then before. Can you think of any differences, I know I move mine for a work bench to a table I built for it and it made it louder.

princess sawdust
07-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Nope, oldjoe, i haven't changed anything. I am in the middle of a order for 80 signs and obviously a little stressed over my maching actually being able to do that. I have a month to complete them but I try to do 3-4 a day. I ran one last night, woke up to start one today and got the new sound.

Princess Sawdust

Digitalwoodshop
07-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Hey, sounds like the sound of making MONEY.... Show us a sign please.

With that many signs to get out I would purchase sand paper belts and the x stage 2 gear now..... Less down time.

AL

princess sawdust
07-26-2007, 02:52 PM
These are what I'm, working on I actually only have to carve them, they will be finished by the end consumer. makes it pretty easy, if only my machine worked...now i'm getting the dreaded z axix stall error. Have my call in to Carvewright tech support. I'm only 13 signs into this project. uggg.

Digitalwoodshop
07-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Hey, thanks for the picture, looks GREAT !!! Good Luck keeping your machine running.

AL