PDA

View Full Version : Did I get the right moly??????

Ivanq
07-25-2007, 06:07 PM
I live in a small town of about 40 thousand and I had a tough time trying to find moly lube anywhere. Finally I hit a Checker Auto Parts that has only been open a few months and they had two lubricants that contained moly. One had graphite along with the moly. The one I purchased does NOT have graphite.

This is what it is:

Sta-Lube
Extreme Pressure Moly C. V. Joint Grease

A specially designed lithium hydroxy stearate grease fortified with 3% moly disulfide and extreme pressure and anti-wear additives.

For use when repairing and replacing C. V. joints and/or protective boots.

4 oz tube for about $5 (cheap enough)

Somehow this doesn’t sound quite right to me – hope I’m wrong. In any case I can take it back and exchange no problem.

Thank you for your time - - - -

pkunk
07-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Nope-get the stuff as outlined in the 'moly'thread -it's in a spray can

Kenm810
07-25-2007, 06:57 PM
What Lubricants to use on the machine
Ivanq

Here's a photo of some of the lubes and sealers must folks here have been recommending and using,
and I'm sure there are others we could add to these. --Just some place to start. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif
The Chain Lube with Moly is in the silver gray and black spray can and is made by Liquid Wrench / Gunk

JOHNB
07-25-2007, 07:17 PM
I Bought My Liquid Wrench Chain Lube With Moly At Home Depot.

Ivanq
07-25-2007, 08:33 PM
Got onto the WEB at gunk.com and, sure enough, they had a list of retailers that carried the correct stuff. And, yup, Home Depot. Funny, industrial lubricant and Home Depot didn't make a connection in my old brain for some reason.

Anyway, got one of the last two cans they had. Feel a bit better now. Machine is supposed to be here Friday and I needed this stuff because I want to PLAY WITH IT in the worst way.

Kenm810
07-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Ivanq,

Don't forget, to also lubed the new chuck assembly with T-9 or something like it. search key word (Boeshield)

Hawg_man
07-26-2007, 05:02 AM
Another good source for the lubricant is your local motorcycle shop.......got mine at the Honda dealer and have over 100 hrs on my machine and it stays warm to the touch .......hardly any heat. I lube every 20 hours of machine time.

Bob