PDA

View Full Version : help needed

newcarver
07-24-2007, 06:41 PM
I had someone design a centerline text sign for me, as i have not got the cl text option yet. It was done by them in black chencery font. When they email it to me it somehow reverts back to just a stright line arial text. Why would it do that? Is it due to me not having the centerline option?

newcarver
07-24-2007, 06:52 PM
pics of what is happening the black chencery font is what he made it and the other is what they open as after emailing, or posting for download.

Old Salt
07-24-2007, 07:12 PM
It has to do with your down loading or loading the ptn . your comp assigns the font by a numbered slot on your machine so on the other comp the font you want has a different slot number . is that clear as mud?

Digitalwoodshop
07-24-2007, 07:28 PM
I think it is because your computer does not have the font that was in the other guy's computer. I saw that when I had Designer on 2 computers on my desk running at the same time. One computer did not have the font when I opened the centerline from one computer to the other the font changed.

Hope that helps.

AL

newcarver
07-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Apparently their is no fix then unless our computers were dead mates as it were, huh.

pkunk
07-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Something different that I can't put my finger on yet. I've carved fonts from other computers with no change & My Mac is different from 98% of your computers. I've made MPC's for others w/ centerline & shares signs I've made and noone else has ever had this problem. There is something else wrong here. :confused:

Digitalwoodshop
07-24-2007, 09:03 PM
Very likely.... Something else is wrong.... Just had to throw my 2 cents in about Designer using the Font's available on your computer.... Something I learned last week thanks to some real smart computer guys on the forum.

AL

rjustice
07-24-2007, 09:06 PM
Check the spelling on the font name to make sure it is identical... if it is perhaps send your font to who ever made your sign, and see if it is wrong on their end after swapping out the fonts.

Ron

newcarver
07-24-2007, 09:24 PM
Black Chancery

correct spelling with caps

Dave-Carve
07-24-2007, 10:09 PM
Font= Schwarzwald BOLD Board size = 8X24X3/4
Looks Exactly The Same I Think
Didnt Know board Size so took a guess
Good Luck!!!

Sorry cut up thumbnail A Little

Greybeard
07-25-2007, 04:56 AM
Sent pm in case you've still got problems with the c/l.
Regards
John

newcarver
07-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Nice try but not cigar, absolutly no idea what the heck the problem is
this is from dave-carve

Kenm810
07-25-2007, 06:39 PM
newcarver,

I tried but your right without centerline on your computer, this is all you can do with the Raster or Outline. Maybe a few small changes using Bits or depth but that’s all I found with the Black Chancery Font on my computer,
if you don't have the font on your computer all you'll see is Verdana or some other general font.
If you do load the font into your computer come back and look at this post -- all the bold type is in Black Chancey font text.

Black Chancery
Category: Old Medieval

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
1234567890 !@#$%&()?+=-
Beyond this place
There be Dragons

ps blackcha.zip is the font down load

Reset
07-25-2007, 10:35 PM
Download this version of Black Chancery: http://www.dafont.com/black-chancery.font

Unzip and put the .ttf file in your windows/font directory

REBOOT your computer

Open file in designer.