PDA

View Full Version : More questions from a new user - - -

Ivanq
07-24-2007, 03:45 PM
Although I don’t receive my CC until Friday (I sure hope) I’m trying to setup all the items I need. It also gives me a way to play with my new toy even before it gets here.;) From other threads I’ve read about the problems with using compressed air to clean the chips out of the machine (static electricity). So how do you get rid of the chips? Reason I ask is I don’t have a compressor and was going to buy small one for an air brush but I’ll get a bigger one if it can be used on the machine.

Thanks for Your Time

Kenm810
07-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Ivanq,

Quote- I’ve read about the problems with using compressed air to clean the chips out of the machine (static electricity).
So how do you get rid of the chips?

Some but not all of the shop-vacs and vacuum systems used today are causeing the static electricity not the compressed air.
The dust and chips flowing through the plastic tubing or hose cause the static that can and does on occasion discharge to sensitive components or circuits.

The possible trouble the the air is using to much pressure around sensors, wire, and ribbon connections.
A few can be dislodged or disconnected while using to high of a blast of air.
Compressed air handled properly is a great machine cleaning aid.

If you use the Search menu above --- key words --- (dust and chips) you'll find several post on the subjects. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

dannirr
07-24-2007, 07:14 PM
If you decide to use an air compressor, I highly reccomend installing a pressure regulator AND a moisture removal filter. Compressed air is wet and will ruin your tools, but with a moisture removal filter you'll be just fine.

I have a large compressot that I use with my abrasive blaster - and I got the moisture removal stuff from www.tptools.com

Danni