PDA

View Full Version : Stop probing

ljdm
07-24-2007, 10:09 AM
During first attempt at a scan, I wanted to abort it. Opening the cover didn't do it, neither did hitting stop button. So I touched the probe tip to make it move, then it asked about exiting scan. Is this normal?

Kenm810
07-24-2007, 10:48 AM
ljdm,

I've not heard of that, worded quite that way before, and I didn't see it in the manuals.
The machines menus normally offers options
If you don't get an answer from the forum, a call to CW might be in order.

CarveWright service Phone Numbers
1-800 573-1226 1-713 473-6545 1-713 473-6572

mtylerfl
07-29-2007, 05:58 PM
During first attempt at a scan, I wanted to abort it. Opening the cover didn't do it, neither did hitting stop button. So I touched the probe tip to make it move, then it asked about exiting scan. Is this normal?

Hello ljdm,

When I first started using the probe, I left the flex shaft connected, and lifting the cover would stop the scanning process...closing the cover would allow it to resume as normal.

Are you scanning with the flex shaft connected...or disconnected?

It may be just coincidence, but after I started routinely disconnecting the flex shaft before doing a scan, the machine will no longer stop scanning when the cover is lifted. Similar to your description, even pressing the 'stop' button has no effect.

(I keep forgetting to ask CW about this, since it hasn't been a serious issue for me.)

Ted Grinnell
08-01-2007, 01:33 PM
My machine will stop the scan only after it has completed at least 1% of the scan. In short, if I try to stop it because I misjudged the top of the scan, I have to wait until the probe has completed 1% of the scan and then it will stop. I do not have my cable hooked up on my scan machine and it still works the same.