PDA

View Full Version : New forum catagory?

dannirr
07-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Hello all,

I am a new user of the forum, and have a machine on order (and impateintly waiting for my email to come pick it up!)

Like many others here, I am absolutely new to this machine, and to carving. I am going to need a lot of help, and it seems to me from reading these forums, so do many other newbies just like me.

May I suggest to the moderators to create a forum area specifically for new users and new user questions? It would make browsing so much easier, and would free up the other areas so the more experienced folk can just skip the beginner stuff if they want to. The FAQ is helfpul, but a beginner specific area would be just terrific, and is quite common on other forums 9other hobbies).

Many thanks in advance for all the help I know I will be getting

Danni
(Atlanta, GA)

Jeff_Birt
07-24-2007, 09:50 AM
The moderators, unfortunately, cannot add, subtract or otherwise alter the forum layout. We have in the past suggested creating a few new categories, but is is up to the powers-that-be at CW to do so at their discretion. One of the best tools on the whole forum is 'Search' (in the red bar towards the top of the screen. It will help you find an answer to most questions very quickly. If you don't find your answer then ask away. The nice folks here are always glad to help.

dannirr
07-24-2007, 10:12 AM
Thanks Jeff

I look forward to starting this exciting new hobby (my wife says I have too many already).

Well, I hope the folks at CW read these messages because I sincerely believe a beginner's area would serve their customers well, and potentially increase their customer base by eliminating the intimidating factor.

Best

Danni

oldjoe
07-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Danni;
Welcome to the world of carving and to the forum. There are a lot of really smart people in this group and they are always willing to share their expetise and advice.
I know the feeling about waiting for the machine to come in you feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas.
Hope to see what you come up with in the gallery and your wife will appreciate this hobby and the things you can create for her as well as others to bring joy to their lives.
Good Luck
Joe