PDA

View Full Version : Frames

pamjmayo
07-21-2007, 11:31 AM
I need a frame that is 24" X 12". Has anyone used the miter tool yet? Or, is there a frame out there someone is willing to share?

Pam

Dave-Carve
07-21-2007, 01:26 PM
What kind of frame ??? 1 pc, 2pc, 4 pc, Why i Ask is I made some for 10X13 Pictures 1 Piece ???

Pretty easy if you know what your looking for Frame?????? You could easily cut them out on CC machine ,
I d be glad to show you if i knew what exactly you mean by FRAME ??

Dan-Woodman
07-21-2007, 08:52 PM
Pam
I have used the miter feature, it works great but slow. It would be much quicker to use a miter saw if you have one .

The miter feature will cut any angle , however the bevel will only cut 45 deg.

later Daniel

pamjmayo
07-22-2007, 02:26 AM
Thank you both for your response. I was looking for a one piece frame so I wouldn't have to miter. I haven't done that yet and I'm a little nervous to make 4 sides and then ruin them. Dave, Did you make a one piece frame? The other think I have to do is route the piece to hold the glass. So, Dave if you have any hints, I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks again everyone. Pam

Kenm810
07-22-2007, 08:51 AM
Hi Pam,

Just did a quick search and found these earlier posts By Dirtydan (key word Frame)

Dave-Carve
07-22-2007, 08:51 AM
Hi Pam
Heres a couple of my frames MPC frt & Rear and finished jpg.
I cut from 14 X 16 MDF . Primed Painted and cleared.
The picture is a 10X13 Portrat , I think you can take the MPC file and shrink it to any size . You want If not It will give you the Idea Of how to make One of any size.
I used MDF becase I was painting them , I guess you can use anything as long as its wide enough ??
1 word of caution !!! Cut front first, With center cutout,then remove from machine tape cutout front edges of cutout flip over and cut rear!!!
Its a good idea to measure glass size (that you will be useing and cut rear apx 1/8th larger)
Also make cut Rear .290 in depth to compansate for glass picture and backing.
One more TIP Go to walmart buy cheap frames of size needed remove glass and backing throw frame away. Cheaper than Buying Glass alone
I bought some Frames for $.99 at walmart I bought glass at harware store for $ 3.66 @ ????
Good Luck

MrFTAMan
07-22-2007, 11:57 AM
At least the miter feature in the Designer would be very accurate in the cutting.
Right?

Dave-Carve
07-22-2007, 12:25 PM
Never used it!!! ????

Dan-Woodman
07-22-2007, 04:20 PM
Pam
I posted a couple of oval frames with carvings on the frontand hold 8x10 rectangle glass and picture in the back.

Do a search on --oval frame--last post on page 3.
There kind of dark , you have to look close to see the carvings.
The little dowaps sticking out from the edge of the oval on four sides is for the 8 x 10 corners of the picture.
later Daniel

pamjmayo
07-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Dave and Dan: Thank you for the help. I plan to use your plans that you did in the "My Car" Frame. I appreciate your input. Pam