PDA

View Full Version : Its here...question about 1/2" carved piece

Lin
07-21-2007, 09:43 AM
The new machine has arrived. I have lubed the flex cable and will take another shot at the eagle carving that I only got 44% done on. I do have a question. I was running the board "stay under rollers" and centered. The board is 7"+ longer than the designed project. Can I put the same board back into this new machine and recut it? I cannot for the life of me remember where the bit touches off to set the board thickness...so..I don't know if it will try to touch off on an area that is already carved. Can this be done and do I have to bypass something to do it?...If it touches off on a carved area how do I stop and abort the project?
I really had no idea what to put into search on this to find an answer. I do remember others that have recut their project but didn't know if there is something I need to know or do to do this without issue.
Lin

PS. I realized after sending the message that I had invertently put inches next to 1/2 in the header...should not have been there. The board I'm asking aout is 3/4" thick. Could not modify the header to read correctly.

Dan-Woodman
07-21-2007, 10:16 AM
Lin
You don't have to abort your project. Just let it start up and when it goes to measuring the board, if it goes to a carved area press stop then jog to postion moving to a clear area and enter will start measuring from where you jog to.

later Daniel

Kenm810
07-21-2007, 10:28 AM
Hi Lin,

If you ever want or need to edit you post header,
Just use the " Go Advanced " button in the edit menu
It took me a while to figure it out too. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

Lin
07-21-2007, 10:59 AM
Thanks guys ...off to try it.
Lin

newcarver
07-21-2007, 04:02 PM
I have tried to redo projects after errors and it does redo them it will just recarve over what was done then continue.

Lin
07-21-2007, 07:19 PM
newcaver, That's basically what I was asking about. Recutting a half done carving. I didn't remember where the bit touched off the board at...I killed my first machine on the third carving. I returned it to Sears and the replacements came in and I wanted to recarve the piece the first machine died on.

Worked out fine. Didn't go any where near the previously carved area for touch of. Curved at maybe .005" deeper and came out looking great. I have already stained the one done in pine and tomorrw clean up and oil the one I did in pecan. Might just have been the piece of wood...but I did the pine piece on normal and the pecan on best and I think I got less fuzzies off the pine piece. Had a hard time getting the bit back out after the second carving. Hubby finally got the quck change to lift out so I could get it out. One fo the sets screws holding the bit in place was very loose. Digging out the blue loc tite.
Lin