PDA

View Full Version : prayer plaque

bamaman315
07-20-2007, 03:41 PM
I made this plaque for my wife , her birthday is tomorrow and she has been after me for along time to make it for her. I had just finished replacing my kitchen counter tops and I had some counter material left over and I did not want to throw it away , so I tried to carve it and it turned out awsome.

Kenm810
07-20-2007, 05:18 PM
Very nice job,
A Carving project is always a little more special
when it's for a loved one or a family member. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wink.gifhttp://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

bamaman315
07-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks Ken, My wife really enjoyed it.

Dan-Woodman
07-20-2007, 09:56 PM
fill in the details man,
thats beautiful . Are the letters painted or do they just come out that color
with the corian. And what font is that?
Also what bit did you use and what depth. thanks great job.
later Daniel

bamaman315
07-21-2007, 07:54 AM
fill in the details man,
thats beautiful . Are the letters painted or do they just come out that color
with the corian. And what font is that?
Also what bit did you use and what depth. thanks great job.
later Daniel

The font is Monotype Corsiva at .062 depth I used the carving bit, and I painted everything , this is not corian it is reagular ole counter top material.
Thanks for the intrest in my project. I would give the detail for the rose but I guess I did not save that one sorry.

Dan-Woodman
07-21-2007, 10:22 AM
Is your counter top a wood base with formica?
later Daniel

Dave-Carve
07-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Looks to me like leftover formica ( Sink Cut Out etc)
With presssed board backing such as you buy at HD/Lowes Premade ???
Didnt know CC would carve formica (without dulling bit) Esp the glue they use in the backing and material. Ive Cut HD /Lowes formica w/skill saw , table saw etc sometimes late at night you can see the sparks from the saw blade ???? Sounds like a start of a poem " Sometimes late at nite" :p Just wondering if CC can handle formica???

Yours look Great!!!! "NO MORE SCRAPS (cut offs)AROUND MY JOB SITE"

pkunk
07-21-2007, 11:31 AM
The carving bits are in essence - end mills. They will cut hard & abrasive stuff for many many hours before dulling. CW tested them for hundreds of hours.

Kenm810
07-21-2007, 11:31 AM
As I’m sure a few know, but not all folks out there may know, Is that Formica Like Kleenex is just a Brand Name and that there are more the a dozen other counter laminate manufactures available today. Most counter and cabinet laminates are primarily thin layers of paper and resin rolled and pressed together with a colored or pictured surface layer placed on top while being given textured, Gloss, matt, or even stone . Also there are a few color core products, made of plastics with the color running thought out the thickness. And still others with metal top layers, primarily aluminum colored to look like stainless steel, brass, copper, and many others all with different bushed or polished finishes or textures. All of which are trimmed, routed and installed every day with saws and routers using carbide blades and Bits with out serious effects. Unfortunately while cutting pressed or particle board, with or with out laminate glued to it will produce sparks do to the junk, sand, stones, metal chips, nails, even machine parts that can be found in most manufactured or man made wood products including plywood. There are also several manufactures of simulated stone counter top materials other then Corian, Some synthetic marble and other stone counter top materials, but not all contain actual stone dust, chips, or fragments included in the process. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif

JOHNB
07-22-2007, 09:16 AM
Hi Bamaman; I Downloaded Font And Its On My Desktop. Where Do I Put It So I Can Use It? Thanks

newcarver
07-22-2007, 09:25 AM
c:windows/fonts

JOHNB
07-22-2007, 10:52 AM
c:windows/fonts

HI NEWCARVER; THANKS. I THOUGHT MAYBE DESIGNER HAD ITS OWN FONT FOLDER. I DID WHAT YOU SAID, WORKED OUT GREAT....BAMAMAN- NICE CARVING