PDA

View Full Version : Probe price went down?

Jeff_Birt
07-19-2007, 08:13 AM
Just noticed that the probe is back down to $300 on the CW web store. (Was $400 for a while). Might be a good time to order one if you had been putting it off.

Semper Fi
07-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Great! I just bought a new one of off eBay for the bargain price of $360. Here I thought I'd saved $40, but actually paid $60 too much. Oh well, no use crying over spilt milk! Now I need to get a scanning sled made and try it out.

Ernie

PS. Please, don't anyone tell the wife!

MrFTAMan
07-19-2007, 06:33 PM
Good!!!
I got kinda ticked off when I bought my Compucarve and just when I received it, the price of the probe jumped $100!!!
If you say is true I am ordering one by the weekend!
Thanks for the scoop!

Lin
07-20-2007, 05:01 AM
Jeff, Do you or any one else know if the "Probe" and bits can be ordered via phone to CW?
I prefer to order over the phone rather than online for items over $100.00.
If it can be done...which phone number? I checked thru the site itself and didn't see a phone number to call to place an order.
Want to order the probe and the 60 and 90 degree bits.
Thanks,
Lin

ljdm
07-20-2007, 06:06 AM
I called the number listed in the CW website 713 473 6572 and spoke to someone in sales yesterday when I ordered my probe. I was able to choose a shipping option that wasn't available from the CW Store order page (I chose 2 day shipping over 5-7 day, only 12.00 more). Still saved a lot over the Sears price, also no tax paid.

pkunk
07-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Save your dime and dial 800 573 1226

Router-Jim
07-20-2007, 12:02 PM
Jeff, thanks for the heads up. I'm going to order some extra bit adaptors too.

Jim :cool:

dragoncarver
09-17-2007, 04:18 PM
i just realized how much i over paid for my probe at sears taking it back and buy ing one from carvewright at $100 savings it is worth the wait

phoenix02
09-19-2007, 09:53 AM
I just thought of something worth trying- Sears Price Match Plus. Price match + 10%; if they'd do it, the probe is yours for $270.

-Michael

jwhllh55
09-20-2007, 12:33 PM
I just thought of something worth trying- Sears Price Match Plus. Price match + 10%; if they'd do it, the probe is yours for $270.

-Michael

Great Idea... I'm Going to Sears now..

Well, Sears in Baker City, OR can not get the probe. I either have to go to Boise, ID., at the mall store, or order online at the 399 price.. Didn't work at all.

dragoncarver
09-20-2007, 07:44 PM
sears will not price match unless it is a physical store

poppasplace@charter.net
09-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Can anyone tell me how to get into E-Bay to find new/used CW machines? I can get in easily, but can't find the right place for info re. CW.

Thanks in advance,

Gordie (poppasplace@charter.net)

Semper Fi
09-21-2007, 05:52 AM
Try "compucarve"........... that should get you what you want.

Ernie

911guy
10-14-2007, 03:40 PM
I just bought mine for $249 at the Woodworkers show in Chicago. Nice showprice plus no shipping costs.

Just noticed that the probe is back down to $300 on the CW web store. (Was $400 for a while). Might be a good time to order one if you had been putting it off.

wodwerking
12-04-2007, 12:09 AM
I bought my Carvewright from Amazon. It was the same price as the carvewright.com price, but had free shipping and no sales tax.

I had been considering driving to Tucson AZ Sears to get the CompuCarve, it was on sale saving me $100, but I would have had to pay about $160 in sales taxes.

So amazon was the cheapest.

Then I ordered a scanner probe, same price as carvewright.com, $100 cheaper than Sears, but shipped free and no sales tax.

Then I ordered 2 1/16" carving bits, you guessed it, shipped free from Amazon and no sales tax.

Ron

wodwerking

MajorHavoc
12-10-2007, 10:57 PM
I ordered mine back on the 30th when they had the sale again ($224) but haven't yet received any response from CW regarding a shipping date or anything. I sent a couple of notes to them but haven't gotten a reply yet either. I was wondering if anyone else had ordered one on the same day? And if they've recieved it yet or at least have an idea about when they would receive it? I have an order number and an invoice but nothing else. :confused:

Router-Jim
12-11-2007, 07:42 AM
I ordered mine on cyber-Momday (26th) and it arrived this past Friday. I only received an order confirmation in between ordering and receiving. You should be fine. :cool:

twehr
12-11-2007, 12:16 PM
I ordered on 11/30. Arrived on 12/06.

(Haven't used it yet - still doing Christmas orders.)

dragoncarver
12-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Can anyone tell me how to get into E-Bay to find new/used CW machines? I can get in easily, but can't find the right place for info re. CW.

Thanks in advance,

Gordie (poppasplace@charter.net)

did you ever find the compucarve on e-bay i went there and saw 4 of them the lowest buy now price was 1150 but no warranty we all know how important that warranty is

bizbiki
12-14-2007, 12:50 PM
If I read it right, probe went on sale today for 225.

I ve been looking for an excuse to buy one, I guess this is it.

I hope the learning curve is'nt to steep

Louie

Fireman Phil
12-14-2007, 02:53 PM
Holiday Sale - $75 off the Scanning Probe

Holiday Sale - $50 off The Full Bit Set.

The "Get it All" Package gives you everything you need at one amazingly low price! This includes the CarveWright, the Scanning Probe, the Full Bit Set, and our Centerline Text software add on. This offer expires on December the 17th, so buy yours today.
*Order by the Sunday and recieve it by Christmas

Sounds pretty good.

MajorHavoc
12-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Not sure if they were backordered or what but I just got confirmation today with a shipping number after two weeks of waiting. Now just to wait another week for delivery. :D

MajorHavoc
12-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Just got it today and couldn't wait to tear the box open. Unfortunately, it doesn't move down once I've jogged it into position and if I encourage it (move it myself) along I get an error. I've read some other posts about this kind of behavior and tried everything that I could find listed but nothing has worked yet. I've left a message with tech support to call me back. If anyone has an other ideas, please let me know.

dougmsbbs
12-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Mine did that when I first got it. I found the screws were loose that hold it in the adapter. As soon as I tightened them up, it took right off.

Ron
12-19-2007, 09:38 PM
What screws??In the z truck?mine does the same thing but I can manually push it down and it works

dougmsbbs
12-20-2007, 12:11 AM
The two small set screws that hold the probe in the bit adapter. They are on the probe assembly itself, not the machine. Each one of your bits have the same screws. Check out each one of your bits, I've had several where they were not tight straight from LHR.

MajorHavoc
12-20-2007, 07:44 AM
The two small set screws that hold the probe in the bit adapter. They are on the probe assembly itself, not the machine. Each one of your bits have the same screws. Check out each one of your bits, I've had several where they were not tight straight from LHR.

Interesting, I thought that you were referring to the three screws that hold the actual probe together. I did check those. I did not check the set screws in the adapter, but I will now.

I've tested the probe (with the multimeter) and it seems to be doing its job. I strongly suspect the machine. My machine has really been acting strange since I've been trying to use the probe. This is just one problem that I've had, albeit the most important right now. I also had an issue yesterday with not being able to cancel out of the scan menu at all, I had to completely power down.

Anyway, hopes and expectations remain high, I can't wait to be able to complete my first scan. Hopefully, someone will have the answer soon.

MajorHavoc
12-20-2007, 07:59 AM
What screws??In the z truck?mine does the same thing but I can manually push it down and it works

If I manually push mine down I get the "motion flush w/o servo" error. I am running firmware 1.124 btw. At this point I'd be very happy if I could manually adjust it and get a scan out of it.

MajorHavoc
12-20-2007, 11:13 AM
I just got off of the phone with CarveWright (they called me). It seems that I am going to have to replace my ztruck with the newer version. For some reason, with the existing ztruck, it will not allow the machine to change from the ztruck to the cover as the source for the probe to plug into.

Now I just have to wait for the part to come in.