PDA

View Full Version : Probe software

Robin Fellows
07-19-2007, 12:32 AM
I just received the probe and the software cd that came with it is the same design software cd that came with the machine. Is it the same software for both?
Robin

Robin Fellows
07-19-2007, 01:28 AM
did you expect something special from this company ? think again

I sense your a little jaded!

Robin Fellows
07-19-2007, 01:59 AM
I just completed my first scan and I can't seem to get it from the card into the designer software. I referenced the manual and it stated thier should be a feature under the file menu to download scan and I do not have this feature anywhere. As I get further and further into this it is becoming apparant that I do not have the full version of software for the machine. Additionally, I have completed an update for the latest software from the cw website. I registered the probe. Not sure what to do next, figured I would pose this to you guys prior to calling the company.

Gman_Ind
07-19-2007, 06:23 AM
The cd has licence # you need to register the software and it unlocks the very cool download/pattern editing software.
This is very cool stuff, it opens another door on design editing.
Have fun!
Why is Mr. JimmieJ480 so negative? anything we can do to help? Really this is a decent product made and supported by good people. I have never been left 'out in the cold' even when I messed up, they are there to help.

Jeff_Birt
07-19-2007, 08:21 AM
Robin, if you open Designer and click on Help -> Enter upgrade code. This will pop up another window that will allow you to register the probe and unlock the probe software.

JimmieJ480, I noticed that this is your first post. Welcome to the CarveWright USERS forum. This is a good plpacec to come and share ideas and ask questions. It IS NOT the proper place to whine. If you have a beef with CW call them, please. The rest of us are here to talk about our machines.

pkunk
07-19-2007, 09:07 AM
I just completed my first scan and I can't seem to get it from the card into the designer software. I referenced the manual and it stated thier should be a feature under the file menu to download scan and I do not have this feature anywhere. As I get further and further into this it is becoming apparant that I do not have the full version of software for the machine. Additionally, I have completed an update for the latest software from the cw website. I registered the probe. Not sure what to do next, figured I would pose this to you guys prior to calling the company.
If you're properly registered for the probe software there is under 'file', 'download scan' If it's not there, you'll need to retrace your steps and find it.:p

Robin Fellows
07-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Call off the dogs!!! I appreciate everyone helping me to fix the problem. Yes, it is fixed. In my excitement to get started I had upgraded the software on my laptop computer but not the desk top. Then I tried to download the the first scan into the saved files on the desk top and it wouldn't let me. Go figure. It just goes to show you there is no cure for stupid.

Dave-Carve
07-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Can You Buy or Purchase the Probe software w/out buying probe????
Just another "stupid" Question
Thanks

Semper Fi
07-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Dave, the basic software package has the probe software included with it. But you have to have the probe and register it to receive the activation code that will allow it to be accessed. I hope I didn't muddy up the water too bad with that explaination.

Ernie