PDA

View Full Version : Compucarve in American Woodworker

Digitalwoodshop
07-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Just saw the Sears Compucarve write up in the September American Woodworker. I don't get all the wood magazines but it was the first time I had seen it in one.

AL

Edit:

Saw a nice article in this issue on a school having a Compucarve in a school wood shop donated by a local woodworkers club. Nice table project by one of the students. Plus they have a Laser Engraver in the shop too. With all the schools deleting the Wood Working Classes from the line up this was a nice story.

mtylerfl
07-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Hi Al,

Is it the 'September' issue? (We couldn't locate that one as available yet.)

EDIT: Nevermind - I checked American Woodworker's website and they showed the July issue was available and had not listed the Aug/Sept issue yet. I called them and they say the combined issue was released "extra early" but the website had not been updated.

Digitalwoodshop
07-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Got my 2007 - 2008 Sears Tool Catalog today. The Compucarve is features on the back cover.... I had to laugh..... THEY AIR BRUSHED THE CARVE MACHINE....... Yes...... The equivalent of putting a sock in the shorts, or padding in the bra..... They put TEXT in the LCD Display and it was Double Width Height letters saying in BIG Letters "COMPUCARVE".... Like that is what the Display Really looks like.... Snick Snicker......

AL