PDA

View Full Version : Help trying to find.

Julie Coffey
07-16-2007, 11:05 AM
There was a sign posted somewhere on this site, I think it was in this folder but Im not finding it. It showed a sign heavily carved with a font name that started with a B- it was medieval. I think the name was blackmon? But don't quote me, I haven't had any coffee yet.

Can any of you point me in the right direction? Thanks bunches!!!

Julie

pkunk
07-16-2007, 11:14 AM
I remember it, but it's eluding me also. If I remember it was by Dan Woodman.

BobHill
07-16-2007, 11:18 AM
Remember, Julie, that fonts are proprietary to the system, not the Designer file, so unless you have the same font on your system, you won't see it from any downloaded MPC file, regardless of it's name. Thus, if you wish the name of a font, you might also ask "where can I find it," although there are font sights you can Google and find almost any style or even individual font by name.

Bob

Julie Coffey
07-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Remember, Julie, that fonts are proprietary to the system, not the Designer file, so unless you have the same font on your system, you won't see it from any downloaded MPC file, regardless of it's name. Thus, if you wish the name of a font, you might also ask "where can I find it," although there are font sights you can Google and find almost any style or even individual font by name.

Bob

Yeah Bob I know that- this person had done a sign in a font. I'm pretty sure he carved the example using the actual name of the font on the sign- I'm trying to find that again so i can locate the font. I'm a bit disgusted that out of 2800 fonts I don't have this one, and I really liked the look of it for the project I'm currently working on.

I didn't go looking for it at the time because I was expecting inlaws from out of state and figured- oh I'll remember this.... NOT.

Old age, gotta love it.

J

ljdm
07-16-2007, 11:44 AM
I believe it was Blackmon, the post was about Centerline

ljdm
07-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Saw a post by Woodman on AllCW with the Blackmon jpg post

BobHill
07-16-2007, 12:01 PM
I also seem to think it was "Blackmon", but doing a search in fonts, I sure didn't see where anyone carried it (especially Adobe or MyFonts). Perhaps Dan knows where it's available from.
Bob

pkunk
07-16-2007, 01:42 PM
I was 'old english' bold. http://allcw.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=766&highlight=#766

BobHill
07-16-2007, 01:47 PM
Blackmon ... old English. Punk found it. From the looks, any number of the Old English fonts should work, however, Julie. And, you must have a bunch in your collection, I would think.
Bob

pkunk
07-16-2007, 01:55 PM
Blackmon ... old English. Punk found it. From the looks, any number of the Old English fonts should work, however, Julie. And, you must have a bunch in your collection, I would think.
Bob
Excuse me. Bob, your typing is insulting!:D

rjustice
07-16-2007, 01:59 PM
Paul, I bet its been a while since youve been called a punk, huh? LOL :rolleyes:

Ron :D

Dan-Woodman
07-16-2007, 07:48 PM
I got ahold of Julie to let her know.

It was OldenglishD on my microsoft xp or whatever.

later Daniel