PDA

View Full Version : Board measuring - really really slow!!

Dubliner
07-11-2007, 08:20 PM
I ran a v carve routine for the first time today & when the CW measured the board it went quickly to one end then crawled to the other end making a high pitched whistle. I thought it might burn a circuit. eventually it made it to the other end and the after a few steps carved the file. Previous ball nose carving went quite fast when measuring. Was this a fault in the machine or is that V carving? tx Dubliner

rjustice
07-11-2007, 08:40 PM
No this doesnt sound like normal vector cutting to me. I would crank the head up on the machine, and check to see if your workpiece slides freely from one end of travel to the other If the part is tapered, it could have traveled freely from the thick to the thin direction, but had problems going back due to binding.

Ron

pkunk
07-11-2007, 08:49 PM
I get it in all formats on occasion. I'm convinced it's a glitch in the software.

Dubliner
07-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Thanks Ron & Paul
I tried another file & it started to move faster, but then it stopped & crawled for 1/2 the board. I will check the board width in case. I will drop CW a note too. If it does that a lot it would add 5 minutes or more to an 18" board. Thanks for the quick response guys

Dan-Woodman
07-12-2007, 05:18 PM
I've noticed any project I do, the first thing it does is crawel slowly to the left end ( as viewing from keypad) and then it goes fast to the other end when measuring length. This has done this since I got the replacement machine . My beta never did this.

Is this normal? Does everyone with a Sears machine have this?

rjustice
07-12-2007, 05:33 PM
mine doesnt slow down like that.... but I am running 1.119 ??? After reading about potential problems with 1.120 i decided not to upgrade. Perhaps it something in the software?

Ron

Kenm810
07-12-2007, 07:01 PM
My machine is a Sears CC and I have used all the different software packs and the upgrades, plus switching back and forth between them, it has never slowed down while measuring a board, normally for my machine a 12” x 20” board takes from 19 to 24 seconds to do the full board measure sequence from beginning to end. I really don’t know why other machines are said to be crawling through the board measure or what is causing it. ---- Machine CW, CC, or Software???

Digitalwoodshop
07-12-2007, 07:14 PM
When you select center of board we all get that with 1.20. First it measures the to the left then returns and you select center of board and it moves painfully slow to the right then rushes to the end. What I do is mark my board starting point and select jog to position of board manually.

It is something we all hope gets fixed in 1.21

AL

oldjoe
07-13-2007, 08:07 AM
What I have found it finds the first end just fine and then goes when it goes to find the other end it travels fast but as soon as it drops off the right roller it slows down to a dead crawl but what I found works is I only put the board in and give it only on click on the handle per one of the members on this forum and that helps. Other wise when I load a new board I push 7 measure board and then have it measure length. Than it works just fine all the way down the board. After it measures the board I just call up the project and away I go it already knows what size board is in it so it does not have to remeasure it. But I do make sure the board is straight and true before I start and my rollers are clean,
Hope this helps.

DocWheeler
07-13-2007, 08:28 AM
Thanks Joe

newcarver
07-13-2007, 08:34 AM
Not positive but try an outline only carve, before mine went down again i was carving alot of signs that were just outlined wrods and never got the slow measure. The last project i did was a raster carve of an eagle and phrase and behold, slow measure and problems with z axis. I believe the machine and the software need a serious marrige counselor.