PDA

View Full Version : Is it Safe Yet?

flyfisherman_46
07-11-2007, 06:17 PM
I have had 3 of these machines so far starting back in Jan I returned my last one in April I had only had it 2 weeks when it went out on me. I really want one for my shop cause of the type of stuff I do. Since it is now mid July I am wondering if it's safe to try it again? Or are they stil having problems with the machine messing up?

DocWheeler
07-11-2007, 07:21 PM
If you are asking if all of the bugs have been worked out and all weaknesses corrected for the next machine available to you right now - probably not. It is the consensus of a lot of people here that the jostling that the machines get in their long route to us creates weaknesses that show up fairly early-on.
To keep traiding in the machines is to re-experience the early problems over and over. It seems a much better course to get past those early problems with repairs that create a stronger machine.
Probably not the answer to your question, but there is a lot of pleasure mixed with some frustrations - only you can judge your tolerance level.
Most of us would say that you are "missing-out":)

murph
07-11-2007, 07:24 PM
I purchesed a unit from sears in April and within 2 weeks I had sent it back, too many problems. I received my 2nd one in June and have been carving like crazy for over a month. This one is flawless. It's still early, but I think it is possible to get a fine machine. Is it the luck of the draw?? I don't know. I sure have had fun with it these last 4 or 5 weeks and am glade I tried again.

oldjoe
07-11-2007, 08:20 PM
I to am on my second machine and she is running like a charm, Sure it has a few quirks here and there but don't we all. And most of the quirks are more my doing then hers. And I can't help but wonder if some of the other problems on this forum are operator error more then machines.
So fly fisherman take off the waders the waters not too bad :p