PDA

View Full Version : pitts steelers

al2888dj
07-10-2007, 03:05 PM
looking for steelers logo ???? to carve

BobHill
07-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Actually for your personal use, there is no reason to avoid using standard trademarks. The problem comes in when you use them promotionally for commercial interests, etc. I'm a Tampa Bay Bucs fan, and would be spending many years in jail if otherwise was true. If I buy the logo and it's licensed, that would be a different story, of course, like a friend of mine who deals in sports cards and paraphenalia has to do. The logo (as attached) is readily available on the Internet.

Bob

Gman_Ind
07-10-2007, 06:36 PM
If you painted a sign or printed out a banner on your PC and hung it of your favorite team I would hope to believe the franchise would consider you a loyal fan, not a criminal.
If you sold the banners that might be a different story.
FYI The 'official steelers web' site has logo's of the teams they are playing on the schedule.
Here (http://news.steelers.com/article/40475/) is some information on the Steelers logo,
If your concerned or curious contact (http://news.steelers.com/catalog/contactus/)them for their opinion on your project.

the blue hyperlinks will take you to the 'official' steelers site.

HerbO
07-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Here is one I was working on. Never added the Steelers lettering but you can add the lettering in Designer.

al2888dj
07-10-2007, 10:38 PM
thanks carving for my mail box go steelers

BobHill
07-11-2007, 08:13 AM
Good place for it, Al, although it would look better with the skull and crossed swords. I hope the kids in your neighborhood aren't into the popular baseball bat vs mail box from moving car trick. Unless, of course you have the solid steel box and post that'll handle that. It must be a right of passage here in the south.

Bob

oldjoe
07-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Bob
I don't think it is just a south thing It happens up here in the north they had the game in a movie or two and that gave too many kids Ideas
I am planning a Vikings plaque and putting it in my car so I can don't have to park so far away from stores :rolleyes:

LogoMan
07-16-2007, 02:50 PM
Here's the vector version of the said logo. This way you can make it as big as you want. Unzip and enjoy. ;)

BobHill
07-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Logo,
Most people won't have EPS ability, and that's not one that's acceptable to Designer, so I tool your file and made it into a PTN and MPC, which I've attached.
Bob

zeke
07-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Bob, could you share how you converted the file. What was the original format and what software did you use to convert it to an MPC and PTN file?

BobHill
07-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Zeke,
It was a vector .eps (encapsulated post script) which will open in either CorelDraw or any Adobe product. I then made it into a PSD in PhotoShop, and worked the color image into an 8bit shades of gray and eliminated the background. I saved it as a PNG file and imported that into Designer (lowering it to eliminate the background). In designer, I designated a depth of 0.125 and the wood is 0.250. I gave it a rectangle region (I like doing that for most images) with a 0.125 depth and saved the image as an MPC. I went to Designer's PTN library (Favorites) and exported the PTN into a holding folder and then Browsed to that folder to attached it here. Same with the MPC file. the thumbnail I made as a JPG with SnagIt (screen capture program I like).
Bob