PDA

View Full Version : Cutting out Letters and Fonts II

911guy
07-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Hello,

I am lookng into purchasing one of these CW machines and have downloaded the free 30 day trial software. One thing I cannot figure out and was hoping to get some input from you experienced CW operators is this:

Can this machine actually cut out letters and fonts for such projects like making a standalone nameplate with a base? All I have seen and can seem to test with the software is the letters being engraved into the wood, where I would be interested in cutting them out completely with a base.

I did a search prior to posting this and saw something similiar but it didn't really indicate this. I've been a scroller for the last ten years or so and usually use that but am looking for a tool (Possibly the CW) for that purpose. Thanks in advance!

Dan-Woodman
07-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Hey 911guy
You bet it will , just create your project , select it , right click,pick outline pattern, there you have it .

911guy
07-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Hey 911guy
You bet it will , just create your project , select it , right click,pick outline pattern, there you have it .

Thanks Dan. I will be playing around with the software a bit more! Appreciate the input sir.

Signmaker
07-11-2007, 05:01 PM
911guy,

GOTO: http://www.allcw.com/

"Check out our FREE STUFF or browse through the many Patterns and Tutorials that we have."

Find this on front page... click the word Tutorials above. DL Bob Hill's tutorial.

I make raised letter vacuum formed magnetic signs and we both need the same thing. I mainly want to be able to reproduce custom logos for my customers.

Signmaker
www.statestreetmarketing.com