PDA

View Full Version : # 1 machine back form Texas

RC Woodworks
07-06-2007, 06:59 PM
My # 1 CC came back from Texas last Monday. I was having Y,Z axis stall CCM and it was just running poorly. Well it is back and running like raped ape!!! Sorry for the pun, I tell you what CW has figured it out! The CCM is a software issue and the update is coming soon.

I have 2 CC and the difference between the 2 is day and night. The movement on # 1 sided to side, up and down is so smooth. The bit finder comes out quickly and smoothly. The motor sounds strong, smooth with purpose and strength....Like a rock!!!!

Now # 2 needs a new close cover switch, but I wish it can be sent to Texas!! Not being negative I am sure it will need to be sent, if I was thinking I should of said I don't know how to replace the switch!!! No I would do that!!!

Now if my Shopbot was as easy to use as the CC I would for sure be a happy camper! Attempted to put together the SB on the 4th and they shorted me some needed hardware. Bolts and special T nuts, now being the 4th no business were open. Except a country hardware store and they had the bolts but not the T nuts.

So I used up all that I had to get the massive table together. The instructions lack important info needed for operation. I called SB and they admitted they lack in writting instructions......uh really?!!!

Ok before I get in trouble for talking about my SB I will stop! However appreciate your CC for this small machine you can do alot!!!!

Rick

Mikewiz
07-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Hey Rick,

Your 1st machine still has the ccm problem? If so that shocks me cause my machine went to texas for mutiple problems, including ccm. But since the trip I haven't had the ccm problem, knock on wood.

DocWheeler
07-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Mike,
From what I understand from other posts, the ccm problem is a software issue that is promised to be fixed shortly.

RC Woodworks
07-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Hey Rick,

Your 1st machine still has the ccm problem? If so that shocks me cause my machine went to texas for mutiple problems, including ccm. But since the trip I haven't had the ccm problem, knock on wood.

No Mike the #1 machine has not had a CCM since being back. So I guess CW has already updated the software. Like i said it is working great!

Rick

liquidguitars
07-07-2007, 02:53 PM
No Mike the #1 machine has not had a CCM since being back. So I guess CW has already updated the software

Well no need to guess, your updated software should be on your flash card or not at all right? :confused:

LG

RC Woodworks
07-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Ok then CW did something else to fix it. I didn't send the flash card. But when I update my software using the flash card it transfer to the machine. So maybe CW used one of their flash cards and it is now on the machine? Thanks for your never ending correction.

Rick

Kenm810
07-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Just a thought, CW had to plug one of their memory cards into your machine while it was being worked on in Texas, -- could their cards already be up dated and if they were, wouldn't your machine revert back when you inserted your present card??? http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_confused.gif I Don't know, I need pictures and diagrams! http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif

RC Woodworks
07-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Ken, I really don't know? I have 3 flash cards one had version 1.19 and the machine had 1.120 when I used the 1.19 I still got the CCM. So I don't know, I do know I was just making a comment. Sorry for anything that sounded dumb.

Rick

Kenm810
07-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Not at all you, it's me that feels dumb tiring to figure out all the smoke and mirrors with the memory cards and software I also have different versions of the software. An old one with centerline, a newer one with out, and one with appears to be a little of both. I haven't been getting CCM or the Close cover errors, plus my machine goes through the board measure procedures in less the 20 seconds. It's me that needs the pictures and such. It seems every time I think I'm getting somewhere on this learning curve it takes another turn. Info over load. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif I really Don't want to have to worry every time I turn the machine on that something dreadful is about to happen.