PDA

View Full Version : Getting replacement machine

Old Cop
07-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Finally after sending my machine back to Carvewright three times in approx.8 weeks and getting it back with the same problems pluse some more, Carvewright is sending me a replacement machine. They said they would completly test it befor sending it to me.Hopefully it will be here by this weekend.I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

I will say that everyone I talked with and worked with over the phone were very courtious and polite and very helpful at Carvewright.

Also this is a great forum. The people on the forum are great. I downloaded Sargs list on help and it is really good.Also if anyone knows where I can find a pattern for a houseboat I would appreciate a shout.

DocWheeler
07-03-2007, 02:41 PM
OC,
Sorry to hear of your problems, but good to hear of your resolve to stick with it.
I have a feeling that some of the techs are getting tired:( .
Hope you're back up to speed soon, you aren't all that far from them.

Old Cop
07-14-2007, 09:33 AM
I got my replacement machine back from Carvewright. late yesterday afternoon.Am going out to the shop shortley and try it out.Thanks for all comments.

Kenm810
07-14-2007, 09:42 AM
OC, Just wishing you the best of luck with the new machine,
and asking you to please keep the rest of us folks informed on how your doing,
Good or bad, either way it helps to know. http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

John Douglas
07-16-2007, 06:10 PM
I have had my machine for about six months and have had nothing but trouble. Shipped it back once, at my expense. It worked fine for a short while. I called tech support and they shipped a new drive motor along with a z-motor. I replaced those and it worked fine for a short time again. Now I am asked to ship it back again at cw's expense. I will do that one more time before I consult my attorney. One of the things that keeps me going is the fact that the techs try so hard to be helpful. I know that they are dealing with a lot of disgruntled customers. In the six months that I have had my machine I have completed about four projects and have about twenty hours on the machine, most of that time was spent trying to get it to work. Many wonder why I don't demand my money back. I want a machine that works more than I want my money back. If I had wanted the money I wouldn't have bought the machine to begin with. So, I will try one more time.

Old Cop
07-17-2007, 12:20 AM
Tried the replacement machine today with a project. Hour meter shows 20 minutes.
At first it would not measure the board.Finally got it to measure the board and when I told it to center to pattern it just sat there.Finally told it to place it on the end of the board,which it did.Started carving the pattern but appeared to be carving much deeper than I had it set for.Next thing I knew, the bit fell out of the adapter.I thought Friday the 13th was over. Will try again with it tomorrow afternoon.Havent called the techs yet.I know they are overworked.I will see if I can figure it out over the next couple of days.
Good luck to all.

pamjmayo
07-17-2007, 02:04 AM
I am having the same problem as Mr. Douglas and Bernie. I haven't used mine since April. It just goes back and back and back. I took a chance and tried replacing my z-motor. They sent the machine back with a rebuilt one that didn't work. Rather than send it back, they sent me the new part to replace myself. I believe I followed the directions to a T but the Z-truck has no tension, with or without power. It just falls freely. Does anyone have any idea what I did wrong?

Old Cop
07-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Did a cutting on the machine today. Everything worked great except it will not center the project on the board. It starts to measure the board then stops.I can go back and start again an tell it to place it on the end of the board and goes ahead and works great.

Digitalwoodshop
07-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Old Cop,

You may be seeing the "Painfully Slow Measurement".... In 1.120 when you select Center of Board it creeps very slow the next 4 to 10 inches then races to the end of the board. This is NORMAL but a pain in the ..... I use jog to position and mark the board and looking down inside jog to that position.

We all hope they fix that in the next program revision.

AL

BobHill
07-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Actually, OC, there is a good possibility that your machine was pausing, as sometimes it does for some time during the measurement process. Try giving it a tad more time when it does that and see if it doesn't again pick up and continue with the proper centering process.

Bob

Kenm810
07-18-2007, 07:16 PM
I had that pause you mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I didn't get a error message and didn't know what to do so I unplugged everything and started over. Same thing again the machine just stopped in the middle of the board measure. The second time it did it, I waited a few minutes, nothing. The led control panel was still lit but the machine seemed dead, the phone rang and started walking to the office when I heard the machine start carving. It finished the project without any farther problems. Its only happened 3 or 4 times, but hasn't done it in the last couple of weeks. I think I posted at the time it happen that it looked to me as if the machine was trying to figure out what to do next. :confused:

Old Cop
07-19-2007, 08:12 AM
I will try waiting longer next time I use center on board.Thanks for the help,A really great group on this forum.Will be gone Friday,Saturday & Sunday.Am going to Branson to go through the craft shops there.Really like to go to Branson just to get away.Will be my first trip there since I lost my wife,but that is another hurdle I have to cross. Thans again all,
Old Cop

John Douglas
07-25-2007, 04:32 PM
misspelled a word. sorry about that

pkunk
07-25-2007, 05:39 PM
John, this is a users forum sponsored by Carvewright. Your complaint would be best served to Carvewright, not here. We users don't really care about your lawyer, and can't solve your problem. Talk to them, write them a letter, or email them. When you're satisfied & happy about whatever outcome happens, come back and tell us about it.:p

John Douglas
11-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Wasn't real pleased with the response from the site monitor that I got about whining, but finally got a machine that works. Have produced some projects that I am quite pleased with and have some folks interested in buying. Thanks for everything.

pkunk
11-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Wasn't real pleased with the response from the site monitor that I got about whining, but finally got a machine that works. Have produced some projects that I am quite pleased with and have some folks interested in buying. Thanks for everything.
Whining won't get you very far here, but I'm happy you got your machine fixed to your satisfaction. I thought I was fair and straight forward in my response to you. :D Admin liked your post much less and deleted it.

leroy
12-11-2007, 07:53 AM
I am retiring from the Lowell Fire Department next month after 35 years. I saw the badge you carved and it is the same style as our department. I would love to get the pattern and carve some for my officers when I leave. Where can I get a copy?
Also I love Branson to, I was there last week and will be going back to a couple of weeks. You can get all kinds of ideas in the shops.