PDA

View Full Version : Quick Change

forqnc
07-02-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm having a frustrating time with getting my QC off. I have tried a hairdryer to melt the loctite, but this sucker, is really fighting with me.
So 2 simple questions, is it a right hand or left hand thread? I thought it was right. Is the yellow color on the threads loctite?

I tried to attach a picture, but I guess the file attachments are still having problems.

BobHill
07-02-2007, 08:19 PM
My QC bit holder threads have all been right hand. I've always used a model airplane skin heater on mine with good results. A tad hotter than a women's hair dryer. But, the color of my locktite is blue on all my QC holders (and I do have a lot of them).

Bob

Ron Baird
07-02-2007, 08:44 PM
The locktite should be blue (none permanent type). It sounds like you may have glue on yours. The cable plugs are secured with a yellow glue, it may have been put on the QC by mistake. You might have to change the shaft.

liquidguitars
07-03-2007, 04:13 AM
sounds like you will have to get the QC hotter,last time I did mine it was realy stuck, but all it needed was more heat/time.

LG

forqnc
07-03-2007, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the replies guys, I know I can't get it to hot because of the bearings. But I'll try a heat gun from work.

rpringle
07-04-2007, 01:59 AM
I recived my chuck removal tools from Ron Justice today.

They apear to be top quality, and the wrench is
longer/larger then the short one supplied by Sears.

I have not yet replaced my chuck.
But I'm sure the added length will make it eaiser.

Thanks,
Ron