PDA

View Full Version : Board Sensor update

benluz
07-01-2007, 10:24 AM
I've I been tersting my board sensor for the last month with the clear plastic lens cover removed and during this time I have not had to remove the sensor once for cleaning ,before I had to remove it after 3-4 projects and take it apart to clear sawdust that built up behind the lens.Now when it says clear board sensor I blow with low pressure and my sensor reading come back into the 60-70 range on the sensor test.I use the hose from my HVLP spray gun and just put my finger across the hose to increase the pressure.High pressure could break the infra red led off, so be careful on how much pressure you use if you try this.I previously tried sealing around the inside edes of the circuit board with silicone ,this helped some but the dust still found it's way in behind the lens.I told the technicians at cw about the test and they made a note of it for test of their own.But so far my conclusion is that it saves me a lot of time from taking the unit out and cleaning it every 3 or 4 projects and if I carved Walnut I had to clean after each time, it seems a little dark colored dust effects the the infra light much more.
Ben