PDA

View Full Version : Left sandpaper tore/jammed

peep
07-01-2007, 12:04 AM
Help!

Received an error #2. Checked out the system and vacuumed all looked ok.

Tried again and heard gritty scraping sound. Stopped as soon as I heard the sound and display shows an error # 10.

The left sliding guide plate has torn the sand paper and jammed. Its unmovable now since the sand paper is no longer keeping the roller tight. I am able to pick out the sand paper in pieces.

What should I do? Can I change it or do I have to send it in for repairs. Is it off the shelf sandpaper or is it a special order.

p.s. am I a beta version? Ser# is AA.xxx.xxx :confused:

Jeff_Birt
07-01-2007, 08:24 AM
You can change the belts yourself. There is a PDF in the troubleshooting section with instructions. It sounds like maybe your board's sides were not quite parallal and jammed in the machine causing the belt to tear.

BTW, the users manual shows a naming convention for the various parts and general orintation of the machine. It makes it a lot easier to discuss the machine if we are all calling things the same names. For instance the keypad side is called the 'near' (or font) side in the manual.

And, you do not have a beta machine, you would know if you did. I removed your serial number from your original post so no one can improperly use that information.

Give CW a call Monday and talk to tech support.

peep
07-01-2007, 09:20 AM
You're the man Birt!

Thanks.

Can't wait to get back carving :D