PDA

View Full Version : Designer Unlock Problem

GaryM
06-29-2007, 09:59 PM
Can someone please tell me how you unlock Designer so I can bring in a scan? I registered both my CC and the probe but can find nothing about an "unlock code".

Thanks for the help,

Gary

Jeff_Birt
06-29-2007, 10:13 PM
When you register the probe it gives you the code, if you log back into the registration page at CW you will be able to get the code. I think you click on help and 'enter upgrade code' (or somethign like that) and then enter the code you got from resistration.

GaryM
06-30-2007, 10:20 AM
When you register the probe it gives you the code, if you log back into the registration page at CW you will be able to get the code. I think you click on help and 'enter upgrade code' (or somethign like that) and then enter the code you got from resistration.

Thanks for the help Jeff but that doesn't work. When I click on Help-Enter Upgrade Code I get the registration popup that gives you four choices one of which is to register an accessory. I select that and click next then I get a Register Accessory popup. I enter my Username and Password then I get an error popup that tells me the accessory is "already registered to: 0".

I've been trying to call CW but nobody answers the phone for software tech support even though their website says they are open 9-6 on Saturday Central time. This does not speak well of their support IMHO.

I cannot find anywhere in the Designer Software where it allows you to enter an unlock code. I have a Registration Code and an Activation ID for the probe but have no idea where to enter it in the Designer Software.

Thanks again for your help and if you have any additional idea please let me know.

Gary

Jeff_Birt
06-30-2007, 10:27 AM
If you have already registered it and have the code, then you do not need to register it again. Do this...

Open Designer
Click on 'Help'
Click on 'Enter Upgrade Code' in the help menu (about 5th one down)
Enter your code
Done

GaryM
06-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Jeff, all I get is a dialog screen for registration when I click on Enter Upgrade Code. Do you get something different? Thanks for all the help.

Do you know if tech support open today like the web site says?

Gary

GaryM
06-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Jeff, I can upload a project I make on Designer to the Memory Card and I can access and see the files on the Memory Card with Flash Manager. The only thing I can't is get a file from the Memory Card to Designer. Must be me doing something wrong.

Gary

Jeff_Birt
06-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Assuming that you have enterd your probes upgrade code into Designer:

Open Designer
Click on 'File'
Click on 'Download Scan'
Done

You cannot download any file except a scan of the card...

GaryM
06-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Thanks Jeff but I don't have a download option when I click on File. It is obvious something is wrong. Maybe it's me but I have done everything I can to find a place in the software to enter a code. It just does not exist on my Designer software. I've serarched the supplied help for Designer and found nothing.

I guess tech support is not open on Saturday like they say it is on the web site so it will be Monday before I can call them. I sent them an email but an automated email was sent back saying due to heavy volume a response will take a week. I will keep trying but if I can't get it working by Monday, I will probably just return it to Sears. Thanks very much for your help.

Gary

Jeff_Birt
06-30-2007, 01:16 PM
have you looked in the HELP menu for the 'Enter Upgrade Code...'??

GaryM
06-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Yes, I've tried it and I get 0 hits. What do you get?

Thanks, Gary

Jeff_Birt
06-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Since I can't attaach pictures here, follow this link:

http://www.allcw.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=753#753

If that does not work, PM me your phone number

GaryM
06-30-2007, 02:58 PM
Jeff, I've tried that several times and it works up to a point. After I select option 1 it then brings up a new page that ask for my Username Password and Accessory Serial Number. I enter the Serial Number for my probe and click next. Then an error message pops up and says it is already registered to 0. I sent you a PM with my phone number.

Thanks,

Gary

BoardSilly
06-30-2007, 03:24 PM
It sounds like something whacked the original input when it was done.
I would uninstall the Designer software and remove the registry entries for it. That will clear out the registration data and allow you to reinstall fresh and redo the licensing routines. This should fix you right up.

You will find the registry entry under:

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LHR Technologies

Delete the entire entry and then do a fresh install. Also make sure you are using the latest version of the software.

GaryM
06-30-2007, 04:11 PM
BoardSilly, thanks I Uninstalled Designer and then deleted the information in the Registry and Installed the program again. Now when I try to register Designer it tells me that my maximum registrations have been reached. If I log into my account I can see the Activation ID and Registration Code for the Probe. Do you know of anyway to manually enter this information into Designer?

Thanks,

Gary

BoardSilly
06-30-2007, 09:51 PM
How many PC's have you installed on? Have you registered more then 2 running copies?

If you saved your Activation Key when it gave it to you, you should be able to use the option "Register by phone during normal business hours" and then manually input the key.

If this fails, you will need to contact LHR via phone and have them reset your count.

GaryM
07-01-2007, 08:15 AM
BoardSilly, Yes after it failed to work on one computer I tried to install it on another computer and it did not work as well. I will be calling them on Monday and I'm sure it is something I did wrong. Thanks to you and Jeff for all the help.

Gary

GaryM
07-02-2007, 03:32 PM
I called CW firt thing this morning and Ms. Lawson solved my problem within about 1 min. Needless to say I was impressed.

Gary