PDA

View Full Version : Alert! For those interested in Carrara

cycollins
06-27-2007, 07:55 PM
I mentioned on some thread a while ago that the Daz3D company occasionally goes insane and starts selling their, regulary-fairly-expensive programs at absurdly low prices. My advise to those considering buying Carrara was to sign up for their newsletter and wait for them to go loopy. Well, I believe the process is beginning again. Currently, there is a promotion to sell Hexagon 2.2 for $1.99. WARNING: there is a catch. You have to join their "Platinum" program for about a minimum of $29.99 (the monthly rate). This is still a deal, however and you might even enjoy some of the content on the site that you get for free or for very low prices with membership. If you don't, just quit after a month and you've still got a cheap copy of Hexagon. Now Hexagon is NOT Carrara, which has the cool feature that allows you to take 3D content and render it directly to a depth-map, usable as a CarveWright pattern. However, it signals the beginning of the loopiness season that tends to overtake Daz3D during the Summer when sales tend to slump. I recommend either joining now or at least starting to get the newsletter now and keeping an eye out for a promotion involving Carrara.

Enjoy,
Cycollins

PS: apologies for submitting this multiple times (to other forums categories), but I didn't want anyone who was interested to miss out).

GaryM
06-27-2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I signed up!

Gary

cycollins
06-27-2007, 09:01 PM
I notice that some enterprising and economically-minded forum administrator has removed all the redundant copies of this alert, so spread the word as necessary to those who might be interested and make reference to this thread.

cycollins