PDA

View Full Version : Shading??

Sean Bowf
06-27-2007, 05:58 PM
I am guessing this is something I did in the software, but in the attached pic, the shading under the wheels of the aircraft, are NOT part of the file as viewed in the rendering. It also did this at the tip of the left wing (right as you look at it).

Is there some sort of a shading option I activated??

This is the third thing I have carved...so...still learning, and will be for a long time.

Thanks in advance for your inputs,
Sean

Sean Bowf
06-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Forgot the attachment...

Sean Bowf
06-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Hmmm...one more time for the attachment...

Sean

Jeff_Birt
06-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Is this from a .jpg?

Sean Bowf
06-27-2007, 07:28 PM
No, a .png file. A friend made it for me...but no idea what the PPI is or anything.

I think I figured out what the shading was from. For some reason, the aircraft was set to have a feathering. So I think what I was calling shading, was actually feathering. The oadd thing is, that the feathering did not show up in the rendering.

Sean

HerbO
06-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Hi Sean
Not sure if you could use a F14. This is an image that I played around with awhile back and never could get any great detail but maybe you could use it.

Sean Bowf
06-27-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks Herb, who know what all I will wind up playing with some day.

Attached is my carve of the aircraft, and the .png file. Note the spots on the wings, and the extra line in the vertical tail that exist in the carving. They are NOT in the PNG that I can see. They also do NOT appear in the rendering. Not sure if this is from cutting them on a short board or what. I carved it on both sides of the board, at different depths and got the same flaws in the same locations on both sides of the board.

Sean

Matty
07-02-2007, 10:21 PM
It’s not the machine or the board, it’s the poor image you started with.

I only use Hi res images 300 dpi or up.

Matty

Sean Bowf
07-03-2007, 06:27 AM
Matty, if I right click on the file, and then left click on properties, it says the image is 299 DPI.

Something I noticed after looking at the board is that the lumps are on both wings on the plane in the exact same spots. It might be hard to tell from the pictures. The guy that made the pic said he made half of the aircraft, then copied it, flipped it, and pasted it on the other side. So, whatever he had on the one side, is now on both sides...which explained to me why the lumps are on both wings in the exact same spots.

Sean

BobHill
07-03-2007, 06:51 AM
Perhaps it's my eyes, but if you don't "Carve a Region" in a rectangle outside of your design, then the carving bit, which is a "V" shape will automatically leave a path in that shap of your lines and the deeper you set it to carve, the wider the grove will be on each side of your line. Could this be it?

Bob

Dave-Carve
07-03-2007, 07:48 AM
I Looked At Sean's Picture F-14
Imported into pict program, It carved Just the way its made,as a matter a fact it carved better than it should have ....
Heres a very good tip for ALL. Will save a lot of wood and agravation!!!!
When doing pictures, or high res Work ,And you want to really

CLEAN PICTURE(carve).

Try This ,If you work on a laptop, when you think your ready to carve a picture or what ever your carving,(still In Picture program) On Laptop push monitor down or towards you so your looking at it on apx 30-45 degree angle, On PC with no moving monitor stand up look down on screen at 30-45 degree angle, or even better laydown look up at monitor 30-45 d. angle then you can cry because you thought you were done!!!!!

P/S Ive been editing pictures for apx 20years I ALWAYS edit at 30-45degrees save time saves headaches....

Try this import the jet fighter of sean's to pict program slant you screen and take a look at what your carvers seeing then try some of your own !!!!

YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT HOW DIRTY YOUR PICTURES ARE !!!!!!

Dave-Carve
07-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Hi Sean
Cleaned up a Little only had 5 min , Change to ptn, Hope it works for you!!
Depth .150 height 100 inverted looks ok ? Sorry UPLOADS NOT WORKING????????????????????