PDA

View Full Version : cut motor wires

dominulus
06-26-2007, 02:43 PM
installing new cut motor that cw sent me.
two white cut motor wires must now attach to two wires from the cover, a black and a white.
Not sure which goes to which.
Anybody know?

DocWheeler
06-26-2007, 03:01 PM
Since the wires are just going to a switch it really shouldn't matter much.
But, there are pictures in the manual (in this forum) as well as other pictures of the machine.
I also think that this question has been asked and answered elsewhere - need to search.
I hate seeing you sit there awaiting a response.

Jeff_Birt
06-26-2007, 03:01 PM
I found this in a minute using 'Search', found in the red bar towards the top of the screen....

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3675&highlight=cut+motor+wires

As Mom said, "it's best to look with your eyes, not with your mouth....."

dominulus
06-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the charming aphorism from Mom, Jeff, but the photos and cryptic directions from earlier posts don't seem to apply here.

I have TWO white wires from below that should connect to ONE white and ONE black from the cover. From below, one of the wires is THICK, another THIN.

THICK WHITE to black from the cover, or
THIN WHITE to black from the cover?

Maybe the Chinese ran out of black wire.

Your devoted Beta tester,

dominulus

pkunk
06-26-2007, 09:06 PM
OK! All of you! It makes no difference. Just plug 'em in as was sugested earlier. If you have any further questions of a more technical nature that's what the techs at CW are there for. Keep this s**t up and the thread will be closed.

Digitalwoodshop
06-26-2007, 10:51 PM
It is very common that a switch setup like this ends up with a black wire being connected with a white wire. The cable is made with one black and one white wire. A black / black wire would add cost to the machine.

As long as the person doing the wiring knows it is a switch leg of the wiring.

So one wire goes directly to the motor and the other one makes a detour through the lid safety switch first.

Good Luck

AL

Still have questions e mail me. digitalwoodshop@aol.com

dominulus
06-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks to AaronB, Dave-Carve, DocWheeler, PKunk, DigitalWorkshop, Jeff --and Jeff's Mom -- for your patience and for helping me get up and running.

Digitalwoodshop
06-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Hey... Sell me your bad motor...?

AL