PDA

View Full Version : Scan to large to fit on card?

Skyhawk
06-25-2007, 09:43 AM
I'm trying to scan an object, 7" x 6" x 1.5" tall...and I get the above error when trying to scan.

I've tried quality levels of Best, Normal, and even Draft with the same results.

I was running .20 software, and backed down to .19, updating the firmware and formatting the card with the same results...

I do have 2 cards (both currently blank) and get the same results on both...

As per the manual, I should be able to scan a much larger object at the Best resolution and still fit...

Has anyone come across this?

pkunk
06-25-2007, 10:10 AM
I'm trying to scan an object, 7" x 6" x 1.5" tall...and I get the above error when trying to scan.

I've tried quality levels of Best, Normal, and even Draft with the same results.

I was running .20 software, and backed down to .19, updating the firmware and formatting the card with the same results...

I do have 2 cards (both currently blank) and get the same results on both...

As per the manual, I should be able to scan a much larger object at the Best resolution and still fit...

Has anyone come across this?
Quite possibly the problem is the scan thickness. 1" is the maximum for both the probe & the carver. Computers have an odd way of communicating :D

Skyhawk
06-25-2007, 10:13 AM
I did consider that the thickness could be an issue, but was able to successfully scan another object last night that was the same thickness...

Jeff_Birt
06-25-2007, 10:19 AM
sounds like the machine is getting confused on the scan boundries. What size does it say the object is after you mark both corners? Are you sure you have deleted everything on both cards? Try setting the max depth 1/32" or so above you sled and see if that helps.

Skyhawk
06-26-2007, 03:12 PM
I called CW Support regarding this, and found that both of my cards were defective...apparently they would function if I placed small projects onto them for scanning, but would fail if I added large jobs!

New cards are on the way...

Skyhawk
07-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Well, the new cards arrived on Friday, but I wasn't able to try them out until today...and I still have the same error.

One new thing started with the new cards...when I try to enter the carve menu (instead of scan) I get a memory card error. I chacked all of the cables and all seems OK...maybe the card reader in the machine?

Calling CW in the morning and will keep you all posted!

Skyhawk
07-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Well, it looks like the controller in the machine is bad...LHR is sending me a new on which will be here next week!

I'm starting to feel like a carvaholic...it's been a couple of weeks and my hands are shaking, I can't sleep...Is there a support group for this???

rjustice
07-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Get out your plunge router, clamp a board down, and just start freehand carving the crap out of something... please be sure to post pictures of your creation.

Or,

Order 2 more machines, and call me in the morning....

LOL

:D

Ron