PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinions Vote ??? HELP!!!

Dave-Carve
06-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Here's A Carve and paint A FIRE FIGHTERS PRAYER Has town emblem same as trucks , Carved from MDF 14X21 Havent put finish coat on yet (still WET) wanted your opinions , See the emblem on left, Blue Outline . Firefighter on right . Should he also have blue outline :confused: ???? Is All Hand Painted Not finished need to get opinions ASAP
Thanks Guys, Girls.

The Patch is identical to town patch ( thats Why It is Blue Outline)
Sign is Square (camrea fisheyed top & bottom??) Red Light is my finger over the flash!!:cool:

Have A few Freinds (firefighters) Giving to Fire Department (donate)
{maybe get so work from it:rolleyes: } Look Nice on There wall anyway.
Thanks Again..............................
Dave

Digitalwoodshop
06-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Dave,

Tell me about the font? Is it raster or centerline?

AL

Dave-Carve
06-21-2007, 07:46 PM
Centerline Bakersville Old Face Spaced 10 Bold

Digitalwoodshop
06-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Font boards? or are you using a older program? Details please, I am having good luck using Greybeard's font boards but I am looking at whats available.

Thanks,

AL

Dave-Carve
06-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Old Program

DocWheeler
06-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Dave,

I'm color-blind but I have mixed opinion about the blue outline on your very nice carving. If you outline the fireman it may be too dominant, yet it would add balance. Perhaps you could print the picture you posted and color it to see what looked best.

Dave-Carve
06-21-2007, 08:37 PM
SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST
tryed to change Title (help prayer)

Here's A Carve and paint A FIRE FIGHTERS PRAYER Has town emblem same as trucks , Carved from MDF 14X21 Havent put finish coat on yet (still WET) wanted your opinions , See the emblem on left, Blue Outline . Firefighter on right . Should he also have blue outline :confused: ???? Is All Hand Painted Not finished need to get opinions ASAP
Thanks Guys, Girls.

The Patch is identical to town patch ( thats Why It is Blue Outline)
Sign is Square (camrea fisheyed top & bottom??) Red Light is my finger over the flash!!:cool:

Have A few Freinds (firefighters) Giving to Fire Department (donate)
{maybe get so work from it:rolleyes: } Look Nice on There wall anyway.
Thanks Again..............................
Dave

Bill
06-21-2007, 08:47 PM
hello Dave, Excellent work, well done http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Dave-Carve
06-21-2007, 09:10 PM
Thanks Bill
Really need opinions to finish Blue Fireman. or done?
Thanks

pkunk
06-21-2007, 09:34 PM
Fixed by merging. I like it the way it is. :D

Azbear
06-22-2007, 06:46 AM
Done.

It's always an issue with most as to decide when to stop.

I think it's great as is!!

Kenny
06-22-2007, 03:26 PM
I think you did an outstanding job.

One thing to remember is...do you like it.

Kenny

benluz
06-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Looks fine the way it is, but I've always liked balance as well...do the blue outline and if we don't like it you can paint it back close to the MDF color.
Ben

benluz
06-22-2007, 04:39 PM
You can also sand the paint with 220 until it powders up with no shiny pits then shoot it with clear ,really makes for high end look.Make sure your paint and clear coat are compatible. where you route the edges will absorb much more paint you can make a glue sizing with water and yellow glue.,put this on as your first coat then paint ,then clear coat.We use this method on mdf cabinets using kem-var primer surfacer the white conversion varnish as the top coat,I can have MDF looking like a automotive finish in two coats.....well most of the time.
Ben

Julie Coffey
06-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Beautiful work I like it just the way it is.

Julie

Dave-Carve
06-22-2007, 05:44 PM
Thanks Ben Has Four Coats of clear coat now , Did not want the smooth shine finish on this peice needed texture, the sides and writing is not mdf color it is metalic gold ,(camera Hide most of the shine from gold paint) It really looks beter in life . than camera shines to much for flash! the finish is what i though I wanted . Maybe I should Have smoothed it ?? Was A 2 day project only had one day off. Oh yea Ive painted Cars For 12 years (lungs got sick of clearcoat) the shine would have been no problem!
Thanks for your advise .

This forum is ooorrrrsum part of carving . People on forum are polite,Talented and :confused: Knowlagable:rolleyes: .
Thanks everybody

I wish forum had Spelll Check

Kenm810
06-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Dave,

There is a very small Free spell check program you can down load to you tool tray.
It beeps when ever you misspell a word and give you a choice of alternative spellings.
You can check it out at www.tinyspell.com (http://www.tinyspell.com) http://www.carvewright.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif

ps. I like it the way it is....

Gman_Ind
06-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Mozilla 2.0+ has spell checker built in and it is fast!
Nice sign, a paint then carve thru is so fast!
I have same problem about when to stop!

eagle1
06-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Hi Dave,

Like your work, and it the firefighters will too..... keep the pictures comming

Dean

Dave-Carve
06-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Here s a few from begining. 1 is prayer cut out with sealer,
2 is actual door of firetruck emblem used. 3 Almost Done ..next

Thanks for all your comments and praises you guys are great!!!

P/S was only kidding about "spell Check":)
But I could use a typing class or two ????? Started with one finger, now Use almost 3 fingers now

Dave-Carve
06-22-2007, 09:35 PM
3 almost done..............

Gman_Ind
06-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Looking good anyone would be happy to display that.
I would like to give you a hint for your next project like this. I paint the surface then after it dries, I carve through for nice clean text. Then chamfer the edges on a shaper or router table. I placed a keyhole in the back to hang. Real clean real fast, I turned out a dozen interior signs one weekend. I had no secondary painting so it speeded things up for my project.
Yours look great, I just hope this can be a helpful suggestion.

HillBilly
06-23-2007, 01:32 AM
Great looking plaque IMO Dave.

I`ve got one myself here to finish to do the same as you. Give it to the local station as a token of my apprecation for the services that they provide us. As well as to attemp to get the word out that we can always do a few "personal" things for folks as well.. <grin>

You did a great job with the use of the picture in using it to render the emblem of your local as well.

pamjmayo
06-23-2007, 03:06 AM
Dave, I am so impressed with your plaque. I did one also and finished it in cherry but would like to do one like yours. What Font did you use for your header. It looks italic but also something else. Would you share your mdc file with us? Thanks so much. Pam

Dave-Carve
06-23-2007, 05:46 AM
The problem was had no real (plan) just a spur of the moment thing (got bored with day off) cut out thee text and emblems, Sprayed sealer, sprayed metalic gold,routed edge, sprayed gold ,cut 3 keyholes rear,one for single center, and 2 for dual holders,hand painted emblems,clear coat all,rolled red face 3 coats for rough look(very carefully) sanded surface,was to rough,repainted (sanded thru) clear coat with spray 5 coats, let dry,sanded touched up clear coat 1coat , hang and let dry.
If I painted surface before carve i would have to hand paint all lettering not that steady...... I will post finish and try to show GOLD LETTERING does not show up in picture very well....

Again thanks for all comments and praises !!!!!!!!!

Forum Is #1

Dave-Carve
06-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Dave, I am so impressed with your plaque. I did one also and finished it in cherry but would like to do one like yours. What Font did you use for your header. It looks italic but also something else. Would you share your mdc file with us? Thanks so much. Pam
Pam Do you want the whole mpc or just mpc text be happy to share either or both

Fireman Phil
06-24-2007, 07:06 PM
Looks very good the way it is!! I would love to have the older version of designer so I could use the centerline font. I have tried to make a Firemans Prayer for myself and it does not look right with raster or outline. The blue outline on the town emblem looks great, I think if you put an outline around the fireman it would take away from its detail.

pamjmayo
06-25-2007, 04:31 PM
I WOULD LOVE THE WHOLE MPC. Thank you so much, my friend just graduated from the Fresno Fire Academy and I'd like to copy every inch of yours for him. Thank You. PAm