PDA

View Full Version : Got the new machine :-)

Dubliner
06-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Well My beta had a wee problem so I decided to avail of the offer. I sent it in Monday afternoon and I had my replacement on Thursday AM. I'm delighted I sent the old one back for the new one. I have been away from the forum & didnt realize the improvements that had gone on. It is more powerful, very steady & it seems quieter. Very happy with it & anyone thinking of buying one dont hesitate - thanks LHR and forum members for all the help along the way. She's carving right now so I'll post a pic when she takes a break :-) Dubliner

oldjoe
06-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Welcome back Dubliner looking forward to seeing your work! :)

Dan-Woodman
06-21-2007, 08:02 PM
Good luck Dubliner, if you get past 11 1/2 hrs. your doing better than me
I traded my beta in now have 11 hr. on new one and z-axis stall error 246.
Just got my new z- motor today so maybe I can get that in tommorrow.
There are instructions in troubleshootong how to replace it , but nothing on how much tension to put on the belt.
I'll just go by how much is on the old one before I take it apart.
later Daniel

Dubliner
06-21-2007, 09:11 PM
Sorry about you Z stall. I just carved the Harley logo(2x) & I think it ran for about 3 hours so hopefully I can get by without too much trouble. I think my original machine was sent back 3 times before it would work right. Now I have to start learning the SW so I can design some cool stuff. I'll also have to try James Booth's designs as well. You guys have been designing great work - glad to be back.

Dan-Woodman
06-21-2007, 09:33 PM
I had one minor problem with my beta when I first got it in Feb. 06 but was fixed over the phone. Only had 44 hrs. on that one

Now this one , only 11 hrs.