PDA

View Full Version : Jagged edges, not crisp carving

adoni
06-21-2007, 04:39 PM
I have tried using the search feature for this topic, but I did not find anything that was applicable to my issue. I have attached some pics of my problem and my MPC file. Any help to clean up my carving is appreciated. I finally have the machine running, it works fine after I got my new card and programmer. It seems like it's feathering or edge trimming, I'm lost. The machine works fine, the quality is icky.

With that said, I await ...

Thanks in advance to all,

adoni

Matty
06-21-2007, 05:42 PM
I had a look at jour .mpc file. The image you used seem to be very poor quality
Zoom in and you can see the defects. What you see is what carves.
Use the designer software to create your text; you will get a better finish.

Also make sure your carving bit is not loose.

Matty

Jeff_Birt
06-21-2007, 08:07 PM
I think Matti, hit the nail on the head. It looks like you imported a .jpg image. JPG's probably the worst thing you can import into Designer as the compression alogorythm used casues 'fuzzy artifacts' anound the edges of everything. Our eyes have no problem with these 'fuzzies' but designer will pick everyone up and try to carve it. If you created the original save it as a png or gif. If the original was a JPG then you'll need to do a lot of work to clean it up.

adoni
06-22-2007, 10:09 PM
It is indeed a JPG file. Thank you.

Being in engineering and using CAD, I was second guessing what was going on. In essense, the CW is a printer for wood.

Again, thank you.

adoni

RC Woodworks
06-23-2007, 12:43 AM
I have tried using the search feature for this topic, but I did not find anything that was applicable to my issue. I have attached some pics of my problem and my MPC file. Any help to clean up my carving is appreciated. I finally have the machine running, it works fine after I got my new card and programmer. It seems like it's feathering or edge trimming, I'm lost. The machine works fine, the quality is icky.

With that said, I await ...

Thanks in advance to all,

adoni

Adoni, I have the same trouble with the lettering when I run it with the grain of the board. Everytime I tried it has done this. So I guess I will carve across the grain.

Rick

liquidguitars
06-23-2007, 01:41 AM
It is indeed a JPG file. Thank you.

Being in engineering and using CAD, I was second guessing what was going on. In essense, the CW is a printer for wood.

Again, thank you.

adoni

jpg just will not cut it for higher end work..

Gman_Ind
06-24-2007, 07:13 PM
Agreed the lossy format of JPG is bad to carve, I would like to share a tip.
I have used jpg for low res background image, I have pattern editor so I de-speckled and filled the background with nothing to clean it up quick, still not main carving material though. The customer was happy, thats what is important.