PDA

View Full Version : Check Board and Sandpaper Belt Quality

benluz
06-21-2007, 03:17 PM
I was starting to get a check board error quite frequently then the belt tore and budch up and broke the main drive gear,no biggie ,just the nylon gear that meshes wih the feed belts,took it apart repalced gear and paper on both side. Now the piece that was constanly giving me an error and would not carve at all, ran through perfetly.I think when the send paper gets to smooth the maachne starts to get some slipage and you may not notice it,but one indicator is a constant "possible board problem" when the board seems to be perfectI also think this is why the last scan I did had so many check scanner errors, I checked the scanner out and it was working fine ,clean inside, no problem nothing wrong. So keep and eye on your papaer and order an extra set to have on hand.
Ben

Gman_Ind
06-21-2007, 03:31 PM
This sounds a bit familiar, use a bathroom scale and check your head down pressure, I'd bet your pressure is too high. It should be about #80.

to test put you scale under the rollers centered and so you can read the scale. crank it down until your clicking a few times

benluz
06-21-2007, 03:35 PM
This sounds a bit familiar, use a bathroom scale and check your head down pressure, I'd bet your pressure is too high. It should be about #80.

to test put you scale under the rollers centered and so you can read the scale. crank it down until your clicking a few times

Good Idea I'll check the pressure too, but the belts were getting old and thin and when I put the new ones on ,all is working well.
Ben

Gman_Ind
06-21-2007, 03:39 PM
I forgot to thank you for the heads up on the sandpaper belts, Something that we all might have to tackle eventually esp. those of us with excessive down pressure. I am not looking forward to replacing those belts.

benluz
06-25-2007, 07:16 AM
I forgot to thank you for the heads up on the sandpaper belts, Something that we all might have to tackle eventually esp. those of us with excessive down pressure. I am not looking forward to replacing those belts.

No problem, just follow the directions in the pdf .4 screws and a bar clamp is all you need .takes 10-15 minutes

rpringle
06-26-2007, 12:32 AM
I would also check the saw dust on the rollers.

The dust will build up and cause problems.

After each cutting I vacume out the dust and use my hand
to rotate each roller and knock of the pressed in shavings.

So far no problems

Russ

forqnc
06-26-2007, 06:45 AM
I am not looking forward to replacing those belts.

I did mine at the weekend, and it was real easy. Instead of using a vice to compress the rollers in, I use hand clamps.

benluz
07-02-2007, 09:21 AM
I did mine at the weekend, and it was real easy. Instead of using a vice to compress the rollers in, I use hand clamps.

Yes, same here clamps.Very easy yo do.i just would like to see more specific eror codes.Might not be practical though as far as keeping the machine in this price range .I would gladly pay 200,oo more knowing what I know now
For better error codes...more meaningful right to the point and in plain english.
Ben