PDA

View Full Version : Centerline in carved area

ljdm
06-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Any advice available - having a heck of a time with centerline text in a carved area. Only works if I pick a profile, still doesn't look right. Merge settings don't apply. Set depth in profile setting deeper than usual, but lettering isn't right. Help?

Charles M
06-27-2007, 09:18 AM
Can you do it in two carvings? How about one to carve the region and another that fools the machine by setting the board thickness to equal the thickness at the carved area, then jog the machine to find the board surface.

DocWheeler
06-27-2007, 09:21 AM
Charles,
I have not found a way to jog the bit to a particular position at this stage of the setup. How do you do this?

Charles M
06-27-2007, 09:34 AM
It's been a while since I did it but if I recall correctly you watch for the screen to display the "Finding Surface" message then press STOP. Then you can use the arrows to jog to the position you want it reference the board surface from.

rjustice
06-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Yes.... As soon as it starts the routine to find the surface face just hit stop and arrow to drive tool to the area you want it to touch and hit start.

Ron

murph
08-23-2007, 02:41 PM
since centerline has no depth adjustment, I think you can use it in a carved area by reducing the depth of the carve area to around .060. At least it looks good in the software. I haven't carved it yet.

Gman_Ind
08-23-2007, 03:20 PM
I have carved centerline fonts into the center of raised panel doors by jogging the bit to the panel during the find surface routine.