PDA

View Full Version : dolphin sign mpc

beachman
06-20-2007, 04:56 PM
this is the mpc for the dolphin sign,the scan depth was deep,so i raised the depth to .7 and changed the board thickness to 1 inch

Matty
06-20-2007, 05:09 PM
That’s awesome cant wait to see the finished project

Matty

beachman
06-23-2007, 08:39 PM
here is a better mpc of the dolphin sign

rjustice
06-24-2007, 07:55 AM
Beachman,
Thank you for sharing. I have a friend that just loves dolphins. I will have to carve this up for her. It looks really nice. How did the cutout function work?... everything go ok?

Thanks again,

Ron

beachman
06-24-2007, 08:39 AM
i haven't carved the sign yet,still catching up from other scans,but it should cut out jst fine

chop
10-18-2009, 05:46 PM
thats the one thank you very much my daughter loves it

Fardoche
10-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Hi,

Is it possible to have the same sign but without the "Welcome" in it. ?

Thanks!!!

Woodhacker
10-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Select the "Welcome" text and delete it. Hope this helps.

bjbethke
10-18-2009, 11:59 PM
Hi,

Is it possible to have the same sign but without the "Welcome" in it. ?

Thanks!!!
You would need the MPW file to do that. It looks like beachman owns the file - PM him.

Woodhacker
10-19-2009, 07:17 AM
Yep...my bad. When I looked at the ptn, I did not look close enough....thougt I was looking an mpc. In order to change a ptn file, you will have to get it (mpw file) from the owner. Sorry for the momentary Old Fart Syndrome.... lol

will george
10-19-2009, 11:58 AM

No hate here at all to you. We all have OUR way of doing things. I for one would NEVER put my wonderful machine throught the stresses of a cutout, ever. OK, so I admit I will do the cutout for many of the 'inner parts'!

I do a shallow cut with the carving bit for a outline that my small or big bandsaw can follow. Then finish off with my oscillating sander OR my Scroll Saw!.

But I have a shop full of power and hand tools. Even been known to cut out much of the recess with a hand router just above the 'real' cutout the CW will have to make... Less stress for the machine and me.

But then again, I am just me. Not smarter than anybody else. I just try to think of the work the machine has to do before hand and I try to do most of it before the actual cutting begins!.

dbfletcher
10-19-2009, 01:03 PM
No hate here at all to you. We all have OUR way of doing things. I for one would NEVER put my wonderful machine throught the stresses of a cutout, ever. OK, so I admit I will do the cutout for many of the 'inner parts'!

I do a shallow cut with the carving bit for a outline that my small or big bandsaw can follow. Then finish off with my oscillating sander OR my Scroll Saw!.

But I have a shop full of power and hand tools. Even been known to cut out much of the recess with a hand router just above the 'real' cutout the CW will have to make... Less stress for the machine and me.

But then again, I am just me. Not smarter than anybody else. I just try to think of the work the machine has to do before hand and I try to do most of it before the actual cutting begins!.

Absolutley no disrespect meant here.. but isnt that kinda like pushing your car 3/4 of the way to the mall to save wear and tear on it? Isn't the carvewright DESIGNED to perform the functions that are built in to the machine? Sure there are certain operations that can be performed better/faster on other equipment (cross cut/rip cut/ joining operations), but I would think anything that is currently still a function of the machine.... the machine should be able to handle it with no ill effects. I dont have a shopfull of equipment... and that was one of the selling points when reading about the machine. It boasted features that could duplicate several other pieces of equipment making it very attractive for those of us with very limited space.

Or is this just another instance of some of us buying in to the "marketing hype" only to find out it really isnt supposed to be used in that manner?

Thanks,

Doug Fletcher

wasacop75
10-19-2009, 09:09 PM
We all want to use this machine to the fullest.
that has never been disputed, but IMO, if another machine
in the shop will do a job a little faster and make me able to
be using the CC for another carve, then i am most likely to use
the other machines. An example would be to use a router instead of machine to do an edge route. i use the same bit on most of my edges and to me its faster with the router and table.

BUT this is just the fat, bald guy and his way of thinking.

earlyrider
10-20-2009, 01:55 AM
Hey----There's nothing wrong with being fat!!!--:mrgreen:
Bald?
Ron

robbrigg2
10-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Or is this just another instance of some of us buying in to the "marketing hype" only to find out it really isnt supposed to be used in that manner?

Thanks,

Doug Fletcher

Doug,

Just my two cents,

I feel the same way. I am a true hobbiest. I am learning almost everything fromthe ground up. I want my machine to do everything it says.... unfortunately I am coming to the conclusion that even though it can, in a perfect world, do everything I might not want it to. THe most important thing I need it to do ALWAYS is carve.... I wish it would do the routing so that I could be freed up to do other things but my machine tends to spin out the flex shaft when doing routes... I just get sick of down time and so I try to minimize the stress the machine goes through so I can minimize the stress I go through (if that makes sense). But I am with you, it is promoted as a one stop shop and it should function as a one stop shop without all the problems. Right now mine doesn't. But like the painter Matise once said when asked why he continued to paint after having such pain from his athritis he said "the pain goes away but the pleasure endures".