PDA

View Full Version : Centerline and software upgrade

RC Woodworks
06-19-2007, 01:57 PM
I can't wait for the centerline upgrade!!!!! I guess I am going to need to wait! I see it will $100.00 not the $ 50.00. Plus I am curious what the upgrade software will offer?

I did get my extra flash card the other day, so hopefully the software will soon follow. I forgot about the flash card, since I bought my second CC. This is good though I am thinking about taking both my CC in my portable shop.

At my last fair customers of course chose the signs made with the CC mostly. The bummer is I can hand carve faster then the machine. So 2 CC may help!

Rick

Dan-Woodman
06-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Rick
As long as you been carving signs , you can probably do it faster than 2 cc's.
It sure makes some nice carvings though.

Jeff_Birt
06-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Rick, I've been wondering if it wouldn't work out great for you to do cut out the sign blanks with your ShopBot and make sleds for each style of blank for the CW. Then you can use the CW(s) to just to lettering and the fancy designs when you are at shows.

RC Woodworks
06-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Jeff, that is a good idea. I do have my signs pre cut to sign size. But they are all rectangle, 6" X 24" 8" X 24", 10", 12" etc. I haven't venture out to special shapes yet. I have been putting the trim on at the fairs, like chop trim.

Basically with the CC I am only cutting out the letters and images. I have never used the machine to trim the signs or cut to size.

Dan, yes you are correct, I could carve faster. But I am getting old!!!! So the more I can do with the CC the better. Plus it seemed all the signs ordered at my last show was the ones made with my CC.

Thanks for the input.

Rick

HCM_Bill
06-20-2007, 10:24 AM
Rick, I', new to all of this. Where do I need to look to see when, and how much this upgrade is going to be?

DocWheeler
06-20-2007, 10:58 AM
I took the opportunity to ask about this last week. Centerline, and why it was no longer available at the "Store" - I was told that they didn't host that site and implied a problem there. I did not ask the obvious "Where can I get it?"
As for the "Professional" or whatever the $495 version is called, I was told that it "would not be anytime soon."

HCM_Bill
06-20-2007, 11:47 AM
So is this something I need to call CW about to find out when and where or will it be posted somewhere where we all can call and get it?

Julie Coffey
06-20-2007, 12:23 PM
When I spoke to LHR week before last they told me the advanced software had no release date scheduled and that the board would be notified when it became available. As to what they told Ken- that vexxes me that Centerline wasn't hosted on their site. It was their site I saw it on as well. Should have gotten it (or tried to) when I had the chance.

Phoo. But at least I got the scan probe for 299.00 <weg>.

Julie

swhitney
06-20-2007, 10:43 PM
that would be version 1.029..... a 30 day trial version