PDA

View Full Version : Davenport Sign

Ropdoc
06-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Hey guys, what do you think of this? I put my signature on the back but put it upside down. I would like you to think I ment to do that. You know that artistic thing. But ..... really ..... I didn't flip the board correctly. Well lesson learned, hopefully

Dave

RC Woodworks
06-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Dave, I have been making signs for almost 27 years. Your sign looks fantastic!!!!! I really like the design, well done! I have been hand carving my signs and now with 2 CC and a ShopBot I am going to make most of my signs by CNC!

What is the material and how did you design the sofa? Very nice and don't worry about your signature. Never tell about your mistakes, most of the time people never know!

Rick

Ropdoc
06-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Thank you for the positive words. That means a great deal to me.

I drew it in AutoCAD. I need to work on the grey scales thou. And the material is White Ash. It took 5 hours to cut and now I am sanding and cleaning it.

Dave

RC Woodworks
06-19-2007, 02:02 PM
You bet Dave! I am by no means an expert, but I have made a sign or two! Your sign looks great. I really like the concept, it is different. It is very pleasing to the eye and I think you could sell it very easy.

I love being able to make different and custom signs. I see you do too!

Rick

mtylerfl
06-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Hey guys, what do you think of this? I put my signature on the back but put it upside down. I would like you to think I ment to do that. You know that artistic thing. But ..... really ..... I didn't flip the board correctly. Well lesson learned, hopefully

Dave

Hello Dave,

That is fantastic! I love the trompe l'oeil perspective effect. Great!

Ropdoc
06-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Hello Dave,

That is fantastic! I love the trompe l'oeil perspective effect. Great!

I am glad the eyes are fooled. I was not sure if it would come out right. I know that I have a long ways to go, but luckily practice will help.

Dave

eagle1
06-19-2007, 11:00 PM
Dave,

I like what you have created. The theme is very good, and it has a nice 3D effect. Keep up the great work
Dean

cajunpen
06-20-2007, 01:20 AM
Great job Dave - looks like you could set down and take a load off.

Gman_Ind
06-20-2007, 10:37 AM
Nice work, It looks like your handy with AutoCAD as well!
How did you get the AutoCAD image translated into the designer software?
BTW I haven't heard the term Davenport since my grandfather passed away. No offense intended it just brought back some nice memories. :)

Ropdoc
06-24-2007, 07:17 PM
How did you get the AutoCAD image translated into the designer software?

I save as a BMP, and then open in MS Paint (don't know Photoshop yet) to clean up image, which I still need to do more work on the couch.

BTW I haven't heard the term Davenport since my grandfather passed away. No offense intended it just brought back some nice memories. :)

That is my Brither-in-laws last name. He is a great guy.

Dave

Matty
06-28-2007, 08:23 PM
I have to say that is one awesome sign great lay out and design, well done.

Matty