PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day went bad

kwin
06-18-2007, 05:28 AM
Got a early fathers day gift from my wife on June 8 and checked carver out and made first cut on the 10th. Off to work on monday ( work out of town and stay there) Got the carver set up on sat 16'th and was carving , went into the house for drink and came back to a dead carver. :mad:
I have read the forum and it looks like a power supply went south. So do I return to Sears or try to fix it myself. I don't want to void anything? Will call Texas today but wanted to see what others had to say. I would not want to keep going thru this.
Have to say this is a great forum with everyone trying to help each other!!

Kenm810
06-18-2007, 06:21 AM
Sorry to hear of your misfortune yesterday and I'm sure you have already checked, but a few folks that had their machines go dead found Problems with extension cords, circuit breakers and fuses, even one that had his plugged into a circuit controlled by a GFI (ground fault interrupter.) I know that sounds to simple but it happens. After your call to CW please post what you find out. That way all of us may learn something.

forqnc
06-18-2007, 08:03 AM
This doesn't sound like your problem, but I had my machine die on me whilst I was shop vac'n it out. I believe this was due to static, display went dead, power off and back on, been fine since. Now I only shop vac when it is done and I power it down.

kwin
06-18-2007, 04:41 PM
OK here is what we found but was on the incoming power
New unit will be here 3 to 5 days